Sign in with
Your question

In need of serious help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2011 2:09:19 AM

okay, im at a loss here as what to do....
Processor e8400
pc2 8500 dual channel ocz reaper w/ heatsink, i have ran these at 5-5-5-15 1066 and at default settings by the motherboard for 667 mhz
mother board is an asus p5n-e sli
the piece of *** video card i just bought is a pny geforce gt 520 1000 mb from bestbuy for 80 bucks.
Recently I had a water leak and fried my previous video card motherboard and one ram stick.

Currently i have popped a brand new hard drive in this fresh damn windows 7 x64 pro install, I CANNOT install the latest nvidia drivers without the computer crashing bluescreening. I have tried 4 other differnt versions including the one on the cd that came with the computer. They install just fine but everything is buggy as *** i feel like im mising something simple here i should know???

THE PROBLEM: Randomly keep getting errors windows pops up says windows kernal service device display version number has quit responding and has been recovered. I CANNOT even open a youtube video without the computer freezing and crashing. Let allone play a game such as league of legends the one i want to play. I found a post randomly that said this error comes sometimes because the bios to the videocard is messed up. PNY HAS *** FOR SERVICE, i cant find ANY bios versions to even try..

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM MISSING. I get a crash report everytime i restart bluescreen blahblah it looks like normal crap. Also on the bluescreen it gives a nvidia file has errored blah blah blah. TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED I WILL GET IT HERE PLEASE HELP ME

More about : question

September 1, 2011 2:10:22 AM

also see color errors occosionally. like in my toolbar right now theres a tab that is light blue that should be the same color as the rest, theres also a random line through the toolbar.. please im a computer science major and ive done everything i know how to do to deal with this type of issue i program i dont fix the hardware lol
m
l
September 1, 2011 2:23:21 AM

when i install the nforce drivers from nvidia it only lists ethernet and storage in the settings... according to what i know this motherboard has an nforce 650i chipset on it, yet on the asus website for this motherboard there are no chipset drivers for windows 7, i am also unable to locate these...... IS THIS THE PROBLEM?
m
l
Related resources
a c 172 U Graphics card
September 1, 2011 2:32:56 AM

i have the exact same motherboard as you. update the motherboard bios for a start, the motherboard drivers are built into win7. There are many issues with these motherboards and new vid cards, it may just be a compatability issue
m
l
September 1, 2011 2:44:18 AM

already updated the motherboard to 1404 release. Can you tell me what version you are running ill downgrade to it and give it a whirl
m
l
September 1, 2011 3:03:51 AM

THIS HAS TO BE DRIVER RELATED?????

i have installed.
270.something

THEY ALL LET ME INTO WINDOWS AND FULLY INSTALL.

I install the newest ones 280.26 THEY WILL NOT INSTALL, WONT FINISH INSTALLING CRASHES IN MIDDLE OF INSTALLING AND WILL NOT LOAD ON THOSE DRIVERS AT ALL.
m
l
September 1, 2011 3:09:44 AM

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8002F3C4E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800F39DCD8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

log from windows restarting with newest drivers or should i say, this is the log it gives me after i revert back to last known good config(the last set of drivers). Assuming this is releated to the newest drivers triyng to be launched. I wonder is there an nvidia forum where i can rage at them?

i have tried ever beta driver public driver from the 260 up until the beta 280.19 they let me install crash when trying to use any video and have driver not responding errors every few minutes. with the newest 280.22 drivers they wont even install they crash in the middle of trying to install both by using the nvidia installer and by extracting to folder and using windows installer to select that directory... someone please tell me something i cant find anything as to why this shouldnt work.
m
l
September 1, 2011 5:44:07 PM

damnit anyone?
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
September 1, 2011 9:38:37 PM

i dont know, if you have the latest BIOS, thats all you can really do. One trick to getting my video card to work, but was very different symptomns from you, mine just wouldnt boot at all, was i had to remove the sli selector. then install the card and boot through and setup your drivers. Then once that is all working, power down and reinstall the sli selector and reboot. I actually had to re-seat the sli selector a couple times to get all the pcie lanes working properly, it seems the seating of that card is very sensitive. give that a shot.
m
l
!