a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
hi guys i have a coolermaster extreme power plus 700w psu and its fan was allways slightly noisy and actually i thought it was the graphics card when i am gaming but the psu fan is the problem only when im gaming and using heavy apps its not even a year old and was hoping if i brought it into a pc store (MATRIX WAREHOUSE) if they would maby be able to change the fan (120mm) and i dont mind having no warrenty because i was going to actually buy a new psu today but they dont have any where i live :pfff: but there is no problem with the actual psu (no crashing or anything) just the fan thats the problem. :bounce: also is it dangerouse for my pc (couldnt care about the pc guy changing the fan!!) :bounce:

any replies will be greatly appriciated. :bounce:

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I would check both your case temp and room temperature and see what you are getting. Most likley it is just the fan that will either need a good clean or replace the fan with another, probably just faulty or dirty.

You can easily take apart the PSU case and replace the fan but we sure to check how the fan connects to the PSU, usually not a standard 3/4pin that you see on motherboards.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
ok sounds good ill let the computer shop guy do it so he gets shocked rather than me (im scared of doing it because i shocked myself once before on an old psu thet i was fixing) and by the way i had the same cpu as you (i5 750) and cant see the differance in power compared to the i7 2600k (the one i have now)