Having issues connecting front panel

Phaleproof

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hello,

First off, let me start by saying I love Tom's Hardware!

Secondly, I'm having some issues building my first PC, and I'm really hoping someone could illuminate me on where I've gone wrong here. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to figure out how to connect the front panel to the motherboard (the power, reset, and lights specifically). I've got a Rosewill Blackhawk case (the newest one with 2 USB 3.0 connectors) and an ASRock Extreme4 Gen3.

I noticed that the power LED seems to be 3 pins wide instead of two pins wide like all the others, looking at the manual, I'm having difficulties figuring out how they would even connect since the 3 pin seems like it would overlap the power connector. Also, I wasn't 100% certain which one was positive and negative. I'm assuming the common white color is negative given what I've read, but I haven't found anyone else using my exact config.

I've attached some pictures of the front panel connectors, the pins on the mobo, and the page from the manual explaining the pinouts. Can someone please help this lowly noob with his build? :(

Thanks!!!

gSzMT.jpg

EpDsg.jpg

RuQRA.jpg

The power and reset switches are momentary contact switches. There is no polarity so you can attach them either way.

The led leads do have polarity. Unfortunately, there seems to be no standard as to which color is +.
There may be a small delta molded onto the lead to identify the +.

Plug them in one way, and if the led's do not light, then reverse the lead. No harm will come to anything.
If the 3 pin lead GhislainG refers to you does not work, just cut the plastic in half .

Phaleproof

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Sorry one more stupid question... the diagram has a power and a ground right next to it, and the rest and a ground right next to it. Do you use the ground right next to it that's on the same row for that connection? And what's the deal with the missing pin and the one labelled dummy?

Thanks again!!!

I think they go horizontally, with led- being ground for the led's.