How to become a moderator-is it possible?

TheViper

Distinguished

What about community managers? Are you looking for one of them?

Sarcasm aside, where is the new guy anyway?

TheViper

Distinguished

They were hiring a new Community Manager.

I was one of the finalists for the position though whomever they selected 3 weeks ago has not yet posted. I don't know if that's due to the holidays delaying the filing of required paperwork or the new guy simply got cold feet.

GreyPawn

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
Hello there!

What great timing! My name is GreyPawn, and I'm the new Community Manager for Tom's Hardware. Please do bear with me in my first wobbly steps into the forum community - I'm still figuring out where all the buttons are. As for my role here, it is my mission to ensure that the community here continues to be a safe, fun place to share ideas and have discussions, and that we continue to grow and evolve. To that end, I'd like to make myself very much available to community members. If you've got an idea you've been sitting on for awhile, or a complaint, or if there is anything I can do for you, you let me know.

Thanks, and I look forward to serving you.

-GP

tecmo34

Administrator
In a conversation with the mod 4ryan6, he told me that the moderators recommend someone(s) to the admins whom they think would be a good mod. From there, you are contacted to see if you accept the position of a moderator...

Well... That is my cliff-notes version of the process. :D

@GP... Can you put on your list to remove the cap on the number of pictures / custom smileys per post? The current limit is 10 set back in the day of dialup. With DSL/Broadband, there is no need to have such a limit to help with bandwidth. My quick two cents and welcome a board. :)

TRENDING THREADS