Password protect using printer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Is there a way I can password protect my printer so that if someone
needs to print to it, they need to have a password? The printer is in my
room but I don't want just anyone printing to it when they feel like.
Using Win XP Pro with Epson R200 printer.
thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about password protect printer
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hello

    Well when your not around turn it off, or unplug it

    Al

    "©®" wrote:

    > Is there a way I can password protect my printer so that if someone
    > needs to print to it, they need to have a password? The printer is in my
    > room but I don't want just anyone printing to it when they feel like.
    > Using Win XP Pro with Epson R200 printer.
    > thanks
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Sorry...I meant to say, that someone will have access to my PC and
    peripherals (scanner, printer etc.) just that I don't want them to use
    the printer and I don't want to have to pack it away.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    If they can walk away carrying the printer just how do you want to
    prevent them from using it at another PC. On the other hand if you just
    want to make it inconvenient you can make a "user account" for them to
    use and disallow use of peripherals by that account. Start by reading XP
    Help about User accounts and Sharing your PC

    ©® wrote:

    > Sorry...I meant to say, that someone will have access to my PC and
    > peripherals (scanner, printer etc.) just that I don't want them to use
    > the printer and I don't want to have to pack it away.

  4. Check out PRINTLOCK

    at http://www.printerpassword.com

Configuration Microsoft Customization Printers Windows XP