DVI-I signal and graphics video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex2driver

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have friend that has a 2GB HP Slimline Pavilion PC with VGA out only but would like to be able to transmit a DVI-D signal to a Dell monitor with DVI-D only. Is this possible with the proper graphics card?

Thanks for input.

Further details or specs. of pc can provided if requested.

Solution
It's a low profile card, should fit. You can tell pretty well by the images, it extends not much past the PCIe connector and the fan barely if at all extends past the mounting bracket.

lex2driver

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! I've tried to find out if this graphics card will (physically) fit into a HP Slimline Pavilion tower but have been unable to find the deminsions of this card. As you may know, the HP Slimline
is a mini tower and very compact. Do you know the deminsions of this graphics card?
Thanks again!

lex2driver

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Yeh, the specific 'slimline' HP pc doesn't accommodate the card (once I looked at my friend's computer) and therefore, we're exploring other ideas of finding if an internal card can be added from the inside as opposed to the general process of adding to the back of the pc and the biostar graphics card you linked to is a good one and hopefully there's an alternate route but this is secondary project or that is, there's a laptop that's used for friend's main computer and this HP slimline's sort of like the second computer.
Thanks for your input and info.!

glorym

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
You can buy a DVI to VGA or VGA to DVI switcher..Like this from a Chinese website http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6270025216&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

I am sure you can find it in newegg or marketplace..

Yes, and the dvi port on a gpu is universal for dvi-I, dvi-d, etc.

That works for DVI to VGA only, to do VGA to DVI you need an active adpater which is about the price of a video card anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.