Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best motherboard for AMD FX-8320

Last response: in Motherboards
December 1, 2012 9:58:25 PM

I'm planning to build my first pc and wondering what is the best mobo for AMD FX-8320? can someone help and educate me?. thanks! oh btw what site is cheapest. thank you so much!

More about : motherboard amd 8320

a c 558 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
December 1, 2012 10:12:45 PM

Not the best, but here's an option: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/SABERTOOTH...
The CPU requires a BIOS update, but you can use the Flashback feature.
There are other boards also, but take care if they need a BIOS update for supporting the CPU. You might need an older CPU for updating firstly the BIOS and then installing the FX-8320.
m
l
December 1, 2012 10:20:12 PM

alexoiu said:
Not the best, but here's an option: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/SABERTOOTH...
The CPU requires a BIOS update, but you can use the Flashback feature.
There are other boards also, but take care if they need a BIOS update for supporting the CPU. You might need an older CPU for updating firstly the BIOS and then installing the FX-8320.

can i plug in my processor straight ahead on that motherboard or i need to update it first because i don't know how to update it and it's my first computer.
m
l
Related resources
a c 558 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
December 1, 2012 10:24:20 PM

You'll need to update the BIOS firstly, by saving the BIOS file on a FAT formatted USB stick, inserting the stick in a special Flashback USB port and usng the Flashback button.
m
l
December 1, 2012 10:30:25 PM

alexoiu said:
You'll need to update the BIOS firstly, by saving the BIOS file on a FAT formatted USB stick, inserting the stick in a special Flashback USB port and usng the Flashback button.

ok. but if it show it supported on the list i don't need to update it and can use my processor without updating the bios?
m
l

Best solution

a c 558 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
December 1, 2012 10:39:40 PM

The list shows the BIOS version starting with which the CPU is supported.
All the newer BIOS versions starting with the listed one will support that CPU.
As an example, for the 990FX R2.0, the FX 8320 is supported starting with the 1006 BIOS version. All the newer versions, 1101 and 1201 will also support the 8320.
Depending on the manufactured date (before or after the BIOS version released date), the board might or might not have the required BIOS version, therefore the update need.
December 1, 2012 11:02:11 PM

alexoiu said:
The list shows the BIOS version starting with which the CPU is supported.
All the newer BIOS versions starting with the listed one will support that CPU.
As an example, for the 990FX R2.0, the FX 8320 is supported starting with the 1006 BIOS version. All the newer versions, 1101 and 1201 will also support the 8320.
Depending on the manufactured date (before or after the BIOS version released date), the board might or might not have the required BIOS version, therefore the update need.

now i get it. thank you so much for the info. i appreciate it a lot.
m
l
December 1, 2012 11:02:13 PM

Best answer selected by zenny301.
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
December 10, 2012 7:25:54 AM

The necessary BIOS for supporting the 8320 was released in May 2012. If the board is newer than May, it does support the CPU.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=CPU
ASrock boards have the BIOS version on a sticker located on the boards' BIOS chips.
m
l
!