Sign in with
Your question

New Build Advice for gaming

Last response: in Systems
October 29, 2011 10:59:58 PM

hey guys, I am getting a new pc and i wanted to make sure my choices for the hardware are solid , so please check and comment on any thing if you think i could do better with different H/w

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 1500$ (9000 EGP)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, network sim labs, watching movies)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.egprices.com/store_items.php?storeid=160

Country of Origin: Egypt

Parts Preferences: intel ,nvidia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: 2-way sli in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Other Comments: i live in a dusty environment with high ambient Temp.

This is my hardware choices:

CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.4GHz Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155 motherboard
GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Classified 1280MB GDDR5
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 1.35v Dual Channel Memory Kit ( is CL9 bad?)
HDD: Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 64MB cache
CASE :NZXT Tempest Evo case (need confirmation is this any good?)
PSU: NZXT Hale90 850w 80 Plus Gold PSU ( Need confirmation for this too?)
CASE Fan Contrl: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Control Panel

Also , I have never done any over clocking before, so if you can point me to a guide for cpu and gpu overclocking and if possible if it is tai;ored for my cpu ,gpu and mobo

Thanks for all your great help and support most appreciatted

More about : build advice gaming

October 29, 2011 11:52:26 PM

I don't know about Egypt IT stores or anything - maybe someone else can point you there. NZXT makes either really good or really horrible cases, there's like no middle of the road. I'd recommend something from Corsair, Antec, or Cooler Master first. If you want to get NZXT, check out the Phantom. And with the Corsair Carbide - you don't need a fan controller, there's one built right into the case. With a high temperature area - the Corsair cases will do well because there's plenty of room for fans and that sort of thing - and you want to get as many case fans as you possibly can. And honestly with that type of build, I'd skip the i7, go with the i5-2500K - it's just as powerful and $100 cheaper, and use that money to invest in a better video card. Check this build out:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R - $99.99
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 750w - $109.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P - $164.99
CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - $219.99
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
SSD: 128GB Plextor PX-128M - $229.99
HD: Samsung Ecogreen F4 2TB - $159.99
Optical: LG Black Syper Multi - $74.99
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz 1.5V - $49.99
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB - $339.99

Total: $1479
m
l
October 30, 2011 6:04:40 AM

well ,these are the avaliable cases if you could recommend something over the NZXT Tempest Evo :

Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced case
Cooler Master Silencio 550 Case
Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced II case
NZXT Hades case
Cooler Master Storm Scout

also any comments about the power supply, i checked online and it seems pretty good.
as for the I7 2600k ,i need it for my SiM labs ,also i won`t be able to do an upgrade for several years so i am thinking for the future .
m
l
Related resources
October 30, 2011 6:30:49 AM

i7 2600k is an overkill, i5 2500k is cheaper and you won't feel the difference.
Investing on a gen3 mobo futureproofs you. AsRock Extreme4 Gen3 will give you all you need.
Cooler master hyper 212 is a good performance/price cooler but that doesn't make it's performance good. Corsair A70.
The 570 runs hot. 6950 or 6970 with possible crossfiring along the way (make sure you got a good enough psu of 850watt+ for that prospect)
The ripjaws might be just a little taller than you would want them for the Corsair A70. CL9 is perfect.
m
l
October 30, 2011 6:50:02 AM

sorscerer said:
hey guys, I am getting a new pc and i wanted to make sure my choices for the hardware are solid , so please check and comment on any thing if you think i could do better with different H/w

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 1500$ (9000 EGP)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, network sim labs, watching movies)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.egprices.com/store_items.php?storeid=160

Country of Origin: Egypt

Parts Preferences: intel ,nvidia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: 2-way sli in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Other Comments: i live in a dusty environment with high ambient Temp.

This is my hardware choices:

CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.4GHz Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155 motherboard
GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Classified 1280MB GDDR5
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 1.35v Dual Channel Memory Kit ( is CL9 bad?)
HDD: Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 64MB cache
CASE :NZXT Tempest Evo case (need confirmation is this any good?)
PSU: NZXT Hale90 850w 80 Plus Gold PSU ( Need confirmation for this too?)
CASE Fan Contrl: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Control Panel

Also , I have never done any over clocking before, so if you can point me to a guide for cpu and gpu overclocking and if possible if it is tai;ored for my cpu ,gpu and mobo

Thanks for all your great help and support most appreciatted

:hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello: 
your setup looks good.drop the CPU to 2500k.2600k and 2500k are similar in term of gaming.overclock it to 4~4.5ghz.
change the cpu cooler to 212+ EVo version.
good selection for mobo but i would suggest this one-
http://www.egprices.com/product.php?id=10814
pci-e 3.0,z68 etc. for less money.
good GPU IMO.
good RAM.
good HDD.
case you mentioned is a good case.supports 5+ fans and is watercooling ready.
use the saved money for PSU-
http://www.egprices.com/product.php?id=9209
you want to to sli and 570 is a really power hungry graphic card.
they eat up a lot of power under load.READ THE guru3d article CAREFULLY.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-revie...
you dont need fan control.buy one later.
:hello:  :sol: 
m
l
October 30, 2011 5:39:53 PM

sorscerer said:
well ,these are the avaliable cases if you could recommend something over the NZXT Tempest Evo :

Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced case
Cooler Master Silencio 550 Case
Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced II case
NZXT Hades case
Cooler Master Storm Scout

also any comments about the power supply, i checked online and it seems pretty good.
as for the I7 2600k ,i need it for my SiM labs ,also i won`t be able to do an upgrade for several years so i am thinking for the future .

Out of those choices, I'd go with the Cooler Master CM690. It's definitely one of the sleeker cases that CM offers.

And I don't know about NZXT PSUs, but gold certified is a good way to go - they're the most energy efficient out of all of them.
m
l
October 30, 2011 10:31:23 PM

Guys , am getting pretty confused there , i checked out the Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced II case ,and am torn between it and the NZXT Tempest Evo case.

on one hand the cooler master looks very good but has three fans (one in take in the front ,two exhaust one in the rear and one in the top) ,but if i add another one on the side panel it will be equal in price the tempest

on the other hand the tempest has about six fans (two in take in the front,two exhaust in the top ,one on the rear panel and one on the side).

so please advice me what should i do , i am going to buy tomorrow or the next day and i need a final decision
m
l
October 31, 2011 7:47:28 AM

thank u for sharing.nice info.
m
l
October 31, 2011 7:59:06 AM

sorscerer said:
Guys , am getting pretty confused there , i checked out the Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced II case ,and am torn between it and the NZXT Tempest Evo case.

on one hand the cooler master looks very good but has three fans (one in take in the front ,two exhaust one in the rear and one in the top) ,but if i add another one on the side panel it will be equal in price the tempest

on the other hand the tempest has about six fans (two in take in the front,two exhaust in the top ,one on the rear panel and one on the side).

so please advice me what should i do , i am going to buy tomorrow or the next day and i need a final decision

They're both great cases, if you really can't decide flip a coin. Personally I would go with the Cooler Master.
m
l
!