Windows 7 boots ok after upgraded mobo, CPU, and ram!?

Kimikaze

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Hope someone can offer sage advice Just installed a new motherboard, CPU, DVD burner, and memory. I expected Windows 7 wouldn't boot. To my surprise, it did! :eek: Is this good news or is there a monster waiting for me around the bend? Maybe I'll just reinstall Windows to be safe. May just go 64-bit while I'm at it.

My specs:
AMD Athlon II x3 450
ASUS M4A88T-M
ASUS. DVD burner SATA
2GB Crucial DDR3 1333
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB SATA (OS, apps, data)
Samsung Spinpoint P 80GB SATA
XFX GeForce 9600GT
Corsair VX450 PSU
Antec Sonata case
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks!

Solution
This has been known to work on some occasions. Pretty much you got lucky. There could still be complications down the road though. You never know with windows. I dont know about you but i get super paranoid about this stuff and would want to put a fresh intall of windows on my new computer. Definitely wouldn't hurt and yeah moving up to a 64-bit sounds like a good idea.

Daioh

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
This has been known to work on some occasions. Pretty much you got lucky. There could still be complications down the road though. You never know with windows. I dont know about you but i get super paranoid about this stuff and would want to put a fresh intall of windows on my new computer. Definitely wouldn't hurt and yeah moving up to a 64-bit sounds like a good idea.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS