Crashing with ati 5870 fan speen fast

stelios@cy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello i hope that someone knows a similar problem like mine because is totally strange.
Well in details my problem is that 2 years now almost i biulded an amd system and i had a problem seens then, the computer freezes just like that, after long nerve braking days i bought a watercooling system and thats it the system was alright i play games and all and nothing happened until 2 days ago when i updated the amd's overdrive program then is doing the following.
Again just like that the computer hangs and the gpu's fan starts rolling at full power (and is very noisy) and thats it, i have to shut it from the PSU even when i restart it it doesnt stop and when i restart the computer before bios loading is doing it again, cpus fans are alright.
An other thing that i noticed is when i play for some time the gpu's fan doesnt roll faster and when the computer is at startup process before starting windows loading the fan speens fair louder and faster, by the moment the windows loading starts the fan slows down.
Given the above here is my opinion and if you have something else to say please do that, i will give full componets details on bottom.

i)Well i believe i may have problems with the drivers (Latest update is on 11.8 catalyst) and for some reason they do not respond at need on my gpu's fan.
ii)My mobo is mess up for some reason (latest bios updates and drivers)
iii)Ram problem because they are partially incompatiple with my system but is downgrated to fit to my cpu. My cpu can handle up to 1333mhz and my rams are 1600mhz. Curently running at 1333mhz Cas9

Here is my system:
CPU:Amd phenom ii x4 965 3,4ghz
Gpu:ati powercolor 5870HD
Ram:Supertalent 2x2Gb 1600mhz cas7
Hdd: WD caviar black 750Gb
Psu Apevia 720w or 780w not sure.
Mobo:Asus M4a79xtd Evo
Cooling system:Corssair H70
Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower plenty of fans on the right positions.

If anyone knows something about please tell it and i must tell that i tryed almost everuthing and i never overclocked it.

AMD overdrive is an overclocking tool. If you are not overclocking Uninstall it.
Next reset the bios.
Turn off power and move the CMOS jumper from 1&2 position to 2&3 position for 30 seconds. Place jumper back to 1&2 and start computer.

stelios@cy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

Thanx it looks that with a simple restore point the problem is temporary solved i think, If it does it again i will try to reset bios.