The Ultimate gaming machine...

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
October 30, 2011 2:32:32 AM

Well, This ol' imac has served me well. But i'm afraid its time i get a real, REAL, Computer.

My budget Unlimited.
I want the fastest, Coolest, Most badass, sexiest, ANYTHING!

I personaly have no clue what im doing when it comes to building computers.

Heres what i want:

6x 2560x1600 screens in eyefinity or what ever it is. :p 

More about : ultimate gaming machine

October 30, 2011 4:52:58 PM

For $5k-6k you can get the best of everything, CPU, Motherboard, Case, PSU, Quad SLI or Crossfire for Graphics cards. The monitors will add a few thousand though...

Question 1: Is this unlimited budget really unlimited or is the cap just really high - say $5,000? $10,000?

This input may help all of us in designing a potential system for you. I love designing dream machines such as the one you desire but I need an actual spending limit before going all out.

Question 2: What is this machine designed for gaming, server-use, multi-tasking, etc.?

Question 3: Would you mind using a Windows OS (Win 7 - 64 bit for instance)?
m
l
October 30, 2011 5:04:45 PM

The budget is really unlimited.

Windows 7 or what ever is the best

The main plan is for gaming but I also want to host a few mine craft servers and source server. And a friend of mine told me there are cases where you can put two complete computers in. So if I could do that and have one powerfully server and one extreme gaming computer that would be amazing.

Thanks.
m
l
October 30, 2011 5:20:25 PM

lozotheatheist said:
The budget is really unlimited.

Windows 7 or what ever is the best

The main plan is for gaming but I also want to host a few mine craft servers and source server. And a friend of mine told me there are cases where you can put two complete computers in. So if I could do that and have one powerfully server and one extreme gaming computer that would be amazing.

Thanks.

Wow, this is going to be really fun just trying to design a system for you.
Just for kicks I went over to Origin PCs website (Custom PC designing company) and maxed out every component. The price tag at the end was about $11,000. If that is still within your capacity then this thing will not need an upgrade for quite a few years. I just hope the electric bill doesn't get too high!

So maybe we should make an easy list for starters to keep this organized:

Motherboard:
CPU:
Graphics:
Memory:
Solid State Drive:
Hard Drive:
Power Supply:
Sound Card:
Cooling:
Case:
Monitors: