Monitor turning off

mcchase

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hey guys,

First off I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct part of the forum to be posting this question on - if it isn't I apologise and will be more than happy to move it on request. Around two weeks ago my Samsung SyncMaster T220HD monitor switched itself off and wouldn't start for around 20 seconds after, I assumed it was just 'one of those things' and thought nothing of it. However the last couple of days have seen the problem return and it now appears to switch itself off every hour or two. Is this a common fault in these series of monitors? Is there any quick-fix or is the monitor just on its way out?

Many thanks,

Chase.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I would say return it, but you can check the settings first for energy savings feature,, my father in law has a sammy,, has an option to shut off after a set amount of time being off,,, in his case 3 hours,, you can shut the option off, but we leave it on,, but if you monitor is shutting off at random intervals,, I'd say there is something wrong with the feature and hence something wrong with the internals,, so get your replacement.

TRENDING THREADS