Sign in with
Your question

Can I put these two cpu cooler and a water cooling system into one PC?

Last response: in Components
January 30, 2012 5:44:17 PM

Im planning on building a pc and was wondering if I can put this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... a cpu cooler and this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... a water cooling system into one pc?
a c 158 ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2012 5:48:32 PM

There's no need to...the water cooling unit is designed to be used as a CPU cooler.
m
l
January 30, 2012 5:51:13 PM

So your saying both of them cant be put into one system right? I want my cpu to be as cool as possible.
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2012 6:11:33 PM

the tuniqu would actually cool better i think. Cheap water cooling systems arent usually that good. with the tuniqu you should be able to overclock high into the 4Ghz-4.8 range which is more than enough for any games
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
a c 107 à CPUs
January 30, 2012 6:27:10 PM

mlor3 said:
So your saying both of them cant be put into one system right? I want my cpu to be as cool as possible.

That's correct. You can only use the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme or the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760 Plus but not both.

I wouldn't even trust the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760 Plus to be reliable.
m
l
January 30, 2012 6:40:58 PM

ko888 said:
That's correct. You can only use the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme or the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760 Plus but not both.

I wouldn't even trust the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760 Plus to be reliable.

Would you recommend a liquid cooling system that is reliable? I want a liquid cooling system for looks but one that also works.
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
a c 185 à CPUs
January 30, 2012 6:46:41 PM

mlor3 said:
Would you recommend a liquid cooling system that is reliable? I want a liquid cooling system for looks but one that also works.

If you want an easy install a corsair h80 or h100 will be plenty, but if you want a much better cooler that looks visually appealing and gives much better performance, an xspc rasa rx120 would be a good choice. However if you want to spend some more money you can get a swiftech kit.
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
a c 185 à CPUs
January 30, 2012 6:47:25 PM

From what rubix told me, thermaltake bigwater 760 plus, leaks and breaks down.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2012 7:58:28 PM

XSPC Rasa kits are very good and cheap. However for future upgrading you'd be better off with a Swiftech Edge kit, or if you need to use a smaller rad the Swiftech Ultima kit is good too as the pump, rad, and res are separate.

That said, I think you should just get the Tuniq Tower Extreme and be happy with it. Or maybe a Zalman CNPS12X (or 9900 MAX).
m
l
January 30, 2012 9:04:14 PM

wolfram23 said:
XSPC Rasa kits are very good and cheap. However for future upgrading you'd be better off with a Swiftech Edge kit, or if you need to use a smaller rad the Swiftech Ultima kit is good too as the pump, rad, and res are separate.

That said, I think you should just get the Tuniq Tower Extreme and be happy with it. Or maybe a Zalman CNPS12X (or 9900 MAX).

Why do you think I should just get the Tuniq Tower Extreme? Something wrong with liquid cooling systems??
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 112 à CPUs
January 30, 2012 9:33:03 PM

amuffin said:
From what rubix told me, thermaltake bigwater 760 plus, leaks and breaks down.

your not wrong there... i had to return that exact unit model twice 1s for leaks the other because the pump was vibrating and making a scraping noise... both DOA 3 weeks apart. i got a refund and installed a corsair sealed unit... it doesnt look as nice in my m8's case but at least it works.

as for buying liquid cooling. you cant really be cheap about doing it, if you want it to look stunning...
the best modular builds cost upwards of 350 but will allow gfx cooling also which if added will knock the price nearer 500 in real terms the tuniq is a cheaper and just as efficient offering.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2012 9:57:37 PM

mlor3 said:
Why do you think I should just get the Tuniq Tower Extreme? Something wrong with liquid cooling systems??

The cost vs performance. The Tuniq is probably as good as a corsair H80. The H100 is decent because it uses a 220 rad, but it's very thin and low FPI. The RASA kit is better because the rad is better, and Swiftech kits are the best because they have high quality and the best (or equal to the best) pumps. Otherwise you're looking at a fully custom build. Either way you're looking at $200-350 for decent water cooling compared to under $100 for good air cooling.
m
l
January 31, 2012 8:06:20 PM

and you wont even see that big of a difference between aircooling and watercooling. they both allow the chips to overclock to about the same. the only difference will be that your processor will run a little cooler and might last longer...but since you have to increase the voltage your already shortening the lifespan of the processor.
m
l
January 31, 2012 8:53:16 PM

wolfram23 said:
The cost vs performance. The Tuniq is probably as good as a corsair H80. The H100 is decent because it uses a 220 rad, but it's very thin and low FPI. The RASA kit is better because the rad is better, and Swiftech kits are the best because they have high quality and the best (or equal to the best) pumps. Otherwise you're looking at a fully custom build. Either way you're looking at $200-350 for decent water cooling compared to under $100 for good air cooling.

What do you think about this water cooling kit? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12222/ex-wat-162/XSPC...
Would I have to add anything else to it?
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
a c 103 à CPUs
January 31, 2012 9:33:14 PM

That will do you a Cpu and Gpu, not much overclocking room though if you have both on there, the RX kits have better radiators,
But the kits have all you need in them yes
Moto
m
l
!