Sign in with
Your question

Cannot locate PCB version on M3N78 PRO board

Last response: in Motherboards
December 2, 2012 6:10:07 AM

Hello, I have an ASUS M3N78 Pro motherboard that I got back in January 2009. I want to upgrade my CPU from an Ahtlon 64 X2 5200+ to a Phenom 2 X4 965 CPU. According to Asus's CPU support list (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3N78_PRO/...), as long as my motherboard is the correct PCB version & BIOS update, it should support it.

However, I cannot seem to locate the PCB version on the board. I've looked where the expansion slots are, near the 24-pin power connection, the memory modules, by the CPU socket, etc., but I cannot seem to locate any number that would state the revision.

I noticed a white sticker between the expansion slots which had the label "ASUS M3N78 PRO GREEN" along with some kind of # below it, as well as "Made in China" on the label. I tried entering the # as well as the model of the board into a Google search, but I got no results. I even tried Belarc Advisor, but all that did was give me a serial # for the board, but again, a Google search was fruitless.

I want to be sure that my board will support the CPU I would like to get and not be stuck with one that would either not fit in the socket, or worse fry it thus rendering the whole system useless.

Is there any other way to determine what revision the board is? Thanks for any information provided.
a b à CPUs
December 2, 2012 8:01:21 AM

Normaly it is quiet small in text and will say bios version 1.1 ect on the print of the board next to the name and model number to the bottom right.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 2, 2012 8:03:11 AM

Normaly it is quiet small in text and will say bios version 1.1 ect on the print of the board next to the name and model number to the bottom right. or just do a reboot of the Pc and on the main post screen press the pause key on the keyboard, and it will tell you the revision number of the bios.
m
l
!