Please help me upgrade system

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my system to play BF3, at the moment my specs are;

MOBO: Asus P5N-D

CPU: DualCore Intel Pentium E5300 @2.60GHz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT

RAM: 2GB

I am already planning on upgrading the ram, i just wanted to know what i should upgrade first the GPU or CPU for Battlefield 3.
5 answers Last reply
More about please upgrade system
  1. I'd say none of that is going to play BF3 well at the moment. The biggest improvement you are going to get though is to get 4GB RAM, HD 6850/HD 6770 depending how many PCI-e connectors your PSU has then overclock your CPU.
  2. Hmm...I'm thinking a new build (if you can afford it), that is just out of date.

Some ideas:

CPU: i5 2500k (I'm a sandybridge fan boy)

GPU: 560/6850

MOBO: Z68 of some sort

PSU: Depends upon GPU/CPU choices, as always, stick to the brands

RAM: G.Skill/Corsair 4GB @ 1600

CASE: If you're willing to invest in a new case, I suggest it, maybe Antec or Thermaltake
  3. Toms did an article showing the game is very gpu limited and even a relatively modern dual core cpu can run it. So I would try to just upgrade the video card for now if you need more performance look towards a new cpu/mobo/ram.
    For bf3 I would look at no less than a 6870 to run the game well.
  4. Oh, can you also list your current power supply. If it is inadequate you may have to upgrade that as well.
  5. My god you wanna BF3 on this crap eith a ddr2 ram.don't even fream abou ityour system is very old you van play vice city on it.
    you need complete updation.
    try this config
    1.intel i3-3220/amd fx 6300
    2.HD 6670
    3.mobo with usb 3,sata,hdmi
    4.4gb/8gb kingston/corsair
    5.to add all these you will need a decent PSU 0f about 400-5500w

alll these components sums upto about 22000RS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Battlefield Systems