Find becomes default action after changing drive icon

Hello,

an anyobne help me with this?
I wanted to change the Hard Drive and CD Icons... So I
went from tools->folder options. I selected the Drive
under File Types and clicked advanced, changed the icon
to the one I wanted and pressed OK and Apply. So far so
bad. Nothing happened icon-wise. Opening My computer
still shows the drive with the old Icon. Furthermore,
Double Clicking on the drive now opens the find command!!
I went back and under actions I added an action Open and
typed explorer.exe in the "Application used to perform
action:" field. Now when I double click on the drive its
contents appear on a new Window, which I find really
anoying. How can get to the old setup, or what parameters
does explorer need to open in the same window?

Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about find default action changing drive icon

    Tyupe in Start Run
    regsvr32 /i shell32

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "Achilles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18c501c47bf6$15f3ffa0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > an anyobne help me with this?
    > I wanted to change the Hard Drive and CD Icons... So I
    > went from tools->folder options. I selected the Drive
    > under File Types and clicked advanced, changed the icon
    > to the one I wanted and pressed OK and Apply. So far so
    > bad. Nothing happened icon-wise. Opening My computer
    > still shows the drive with the old Icon. Furthermore,
    > Double Clicking on the drive now opens the find command!!
    > I went back and under actions I added an action Open and
    > typed explorer.exe in the "Application used to perform
    > action:" field. Now when I double click on the drive its
    > contents appear on a new Window, which I find really
    > anoying. How can get to the old setup, or what parameters
    > does explorer need to open in the same window?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Configuration Default Customization Windows XP