Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model Z68MA-D2H-B3
North Bridge Intel Sandy Bridge Revision 09
South Bridge Intel Z68 Revision B3
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz
Socket 1155 LGA
4 Gig ram
GeForce 560gtx

My mouse uses the default windows mouse driver. Whenever I play battlefield 3 though, the interrupts fired by my USB hub increase until they use 100% of my 1. CPU core. They only spike when I move my mouse though. This is getting really annoying. I need to reboot to fix the problem. I switched my mouse and it did not help. I installed the latest chipset, usb and audio drivers. I switched the USB slot. I checked for malware. I searched all over the internet, no help sp far. I even switched off all the power management options for my mouse and USB hub.

How can playing the game gradually increase the CPU usage of my mouse ? Why doesn't the problem fix itself when I exit battlefield ? How can I possibly find a fix for this ?
January 31, 2012 7:33:23 AM

Based on the CPU your using, this barely meets the minimum BF3 requirements.

I'd say it's likely that the high CPU usage isn't just because of moving your mouse, but because when you move your character about in game, the CPU and GPU are working together to render and load the map around you - this is what's supposed to happen and having a more capable CPU would help.

However, due to the CPU usage not returning to a "normal" lower level once the game has been exited would suggest something else maybe the issue here. To check if hardware interrupts are causing your issue, you can download a tool called "Process Explorer". I recently used this to troubleshoot my own computer a few days ago and it worked great. Turns out, it wasn't due to hardware interrupts my system was freezing but was actually because of Intel's Rapid Storage technology - un-installing this resolved all issues.
January 31, 2012 9:35:49 AM

Well, I don't wanna sound rude, but it seems you did not really read my post. I already localized the problem. It is the usbhub.sys driver that causes the interrupts, and yes I am aware that my cpu is not a good one, but it is just enough for bf3. I'm educated enough to see the difference between normal lag due to weak hardware, and a serious bug. And this is clearly a bug. And I already said where it's coming from.

Did you have the exact same issue? Did your usbhub freak out?
Related resources
January 31, 2012 9:52:32 AM

pixartist said:
Well, I don't wanna sound rude, but it seems you did not really read my post. I already localized the problem. It is the usbhub.sys driver that causes the interrupts

Probably should have said this in the original thread then to be fair....

This may relate: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214
January 31, 2012 10:41:18 AM

AdrianPerry said:
Probably should have said this in the original thread then to be fair....

This may relate: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214

Well, I said
Quote:
Whenever I play battlefield 3 though, the interrupts fired by my USB hub increase until they use 100% of my 1. CPU core

I'll have a look at that link and report back
January 31, 2012 10:44:12 AM

I can't edit my message oO
anyway: Well that article describes a similar problem. I do not have a usb audio device though, and the article specifically states that the fix should ONLY be installed when this specific problem occurs.
February 1, 2012 6:59:44 AM

"I did a search for my motherboards chipset drivers but couldn't find one. So I created a restore point and then uninstalled the USB 1.1 and 2.0 OHCI Controllers and then rebooted. When the computer came back online, I let windows find the drivers for them, which included usbport.sys. So far so good...no latency or cpu usage issues. I'll report back in a day or two if the problem resurfaces."

"Okay...it's been a day or two and it seems that by doing the above, it has resolved my issue. Two days with out interrupts. Not 100% positve that it will fix you guys problem, but it seems to have worked for me. Good luck. "

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140263-how-to-get-the-c...

EDIT: A BIOS update is also known to fix issues like this one.

February 1, 2012 3:03:33 PM

AdrianPerry said:
"I did a search for my motherboards chipset drivers but couldn't find one. So I created a restore point and then uninstalled the USB 1.1 and 2.0 OHCI Controllers and then rebooted. When the computer came back online, I let windows find the drivers for them, which included usbport.sys. So far so good...no latency or cpu usage issues. I'll report back in a day or two if the problem resurfaces."

"Okay...it's been a day or two and it seems that by doing the above, it has resolved my issue. Two days with out interrupts. Not 100% positve that it will fix you guys problem, but it seems to have worked for me. Good luck. "

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140263-how-to-get-the-c...

EDIT: A BIOS update is also known to fix issues like this one.

Nice, but what are OHCI controllers ?
!