Canatek_steve

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I've got a couple of systems to build. its been awhile. I've got a ton of research to do but I'd like to start off with some case suggestions. I'm having a hard time finding good current reviews. I don't give a rat's arse what it looks like... and size isn't critical (but too small is worse than too big). Really, my criteria are as follows:

1) It be actually available, now, at a Canadian retailer. Or at least a retailer where I can pay in Canadian dollars (very important because I'm not the one paying and it will only be reimbursed if it is transacted in CAD)
2) It has front USB 3.0 - the more the better.
3) For me, quiet is very important
4) I plan to use SSD so 2.5" drive support would be nice... although there are plenty of adapters so it isn't a huge deal.

I had a couple of the original Antec Sonata and loved them. I kept using them for all my successive builds since 2003 when I bought them. But they don't have USB 3, the cable management is out of date, and I think its time to move on.

Thanks.

Canatek_steve

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
That's funny... I didn't realize that I was somehow in the UK forum when I made my post. I'm in Canada (obviously, as per my initial post). Weird... not sure how I got here :)

Anyway, thanks for your replies!

Budget isn't really a concern. Actually, oddly enough, the more expensive... the better. I have a $2500 overall budget and if I don't spend it, it vanishes. So I'm not concerned over prices (within reason).

- Steven