Sign in with
Your question

AMD Bulldozer FX 8120 VS Intel core i5 2500k benchmarks

Last response: in CPUs
January 31, 2012 1:42:40 AM

Hi guys just trying to figure everything out which cpu to go with. no fan boys just staright up facts.
a c 185 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 31, 2012 1:44:34 AM

Overall the 2500k is the best gaming cpu, and outperforms the fx in rendering.
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 31, 2012 1:56:41 AM

Yea clock for clock the Bulldozer can't compete with the I core processors.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2012 2:06:06 AM

Ha! please don't expect to get any real advice from this thread, my prediction is that this will become a 4 page thread with users going back and forth for days.

My suggestion is to read online articles from professionals and take everything with a grain of salt. Pay close attention not to where the leader boards fall in comparison to actual results, a lot of times first place and last place are separated by minute differences. Evaluate cost, and what your needs are for your personal computer. All you will get here is a lot of haters from both sides of the coin. :-)
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2012 2:06:18 AM

I have both, and I would also *suggest* the i5 as it is a great all around processor. Great power consumption and performance in parallel and non-parallel tasks, and not a bad full platform price either.

However, if you could outline what you want to do with the processor and any existing parts you might have, we can give a more concrete recommendation and evidence.
m
l
January 31, 2012 11:47:39 AM

rage33 said:
Ha! please don't expect to get any real advice from this thread, my prediction is that this will become a 4 page thread with users going back and forth for days.

My suggestion is to read online articles from professionals and take everything with a grain of salt. Pay close attention not to where the leader boards fall in comparison to actual results, a lot of times first place and last place are separated by minute differences. Evaluate cost, and what your needs are for your personal computer. All you will get here is a lot of haters from both sides of the coin. :-)

I disagree. Maybe if it was the Phenom II vs Core 2 Due... but in the current situation no one can contest the i5 2500k is definitely one of the best (if not THE best) CPU to go with right now.

And this from an AMD fanboy! :ouch: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2012 12:08:34 PM

Dandalf said:
I disagree. Maybe if it was the Phenom II vs Core 2 Due... but in the current situation no one can contest the i5 2500k is definitely one of the best (if not THE best) CPU to go with right now.

And this from an AMD fanboy! :ouch: 

I have been waiting a long time for a Fan of any one side with common sense to appear.

I am currently neutral, I have my favourite CPU, but not my favourite company.

Its true though - the 2500k is uncontested in terms of both Price/Performance and Popularity (I love mine almost as much as I loved my Q6600).
m
l
!