Every game crashes to blue screen of death

mddog222

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
well first things first. every game i open and i mean EVERY game crashes. as soon as i open the games about 4-5 mins in the game freezes and i get the blue screen. i really dont know what the hell is going on. i brought my comp in to a couple of places and they are baffled also. at the beginning i thought it was some sort of windows update but after re installing windows it still does the same thing. i have only had this computer for about 3 weeks now everything was working fine in the beginning. although my computer runs perfectly its just once a game goes full screen this happens.

my specs are:
operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P67A-UD3-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GPU: Dual AMD radeon 5850s Crossfirex

p.s. - if i missed n e thing please telll me. as well i should note that once i take Crossfirex off everything works fine, but after re doing all the drivers and going back to older versions and newer ones nothing is working.

PLEASE i really really want this fixed before school starts...bored out of my mind. and i dont want to bring this computer back to the repair shop for the 6th time and still have it not fixed.

mddog222

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
well i have a 1200 watt power supply so i don't think that's an issue. but i will check it. and i just brought my rig into the place that put it together since it is under warranty still. they are going to replace both graphics cards. and that totally did not cross my mind to check each card individually...im a little new to this dual gpus. it would make sense tho because it worked just fine when the linked gpu was disabled so maybe it was just that card. im picking it up tomorrow morning and if replacing the cards doesn't help then ill know its something wrong on another side.

and for the temps they are all well in the clear. the gpus are a good degrees away from the danger zone. they are in the 30's and the cpu im not sure but i really dont think thats the problem because all the processor checks said it was working like new. and never over heated.

The BSOD said that it wasnt able to reset the driver. but all the drivers are up to date. i also tried rolling back the drivers to farther back versions but they just did the same thing.

mddog222

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
LOL. thats true i do need the computer. but i did do a roll back but it was no use. i also did a clean sweep of all the drivers like EVERY driver and re installed all of them with the cd's that came with all the parts...it was no use. so im really starting to think its just one of the cards.

mddog222

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
once i get the comp back ill let you know because i chose most of the main parts and i just told them i wanted something over 850 watts so ill ask them what make they put in when i pick it up tomorrow. but they did test the power supply the second time i went there and they said it was fine. but ill ask again just to make sure.

mddog222

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
well in the end no one figured out what it was >.< but something tells me it was just the psu. they gave me a more stable 850 watt psu and took out both gpus and just put one HD 6990. so its all working like new but thanks a lot for all the help ill definitely remember what you guys said if this ever happens in the future!