Suggestions for choosing a Gigabyte board

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I'm upgrading this Christmas to a 3770K. With most of the benchmarks I've seen, it seems I've narrowed down my choice to a few Gigabyte boards that would be right for me.

Overall I've been looking at the:
- GA-Z77X-UD3H
- GA-Z77X-UD5H
- GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

I can't seem to find any decent reviews, or any at all for the GA-Z77X-UD4H, so I have no idea what this board has to offer other than advertising.

>GA-Z77X-UP5 TH: I'll start from the bottom of the list. The UP5 TH seems good, but if you're not using Intel Thunderbolt, and I won't, there's no need for it at all.

>GA-Z77X-UD5H: The reviews seem okay. Seems I'd be better off with the UD3H.

>GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI: Even though it appears nearly identical to the slightly older UD5H, reviews sometimes say the board has been slightly modified in terms of cooling/overall quality/design. There's also the one less PCIe x4 slot (doubt I'd ever need it anyways). Overall, this seems to be very favorable as of late. I just will never use the add-on bluetooth/wifi card.

>GA-Z77X-UD3H: Seems to be in line with the UD5H-WB as well. More or less different placement/number of USBs.

I will not be going to SLI/CFX now or in the near future as much as I'd like to, so all I need is the one PCIe x16 slot. USBs, I use all my rear I/O ones, including two off of a addon that came with the Crosshair IV Formula. I can probably eliminate/merge a few into a hub if need be or will just buy another addon to connect to the extra internals. My focus is for stability/quality while getting a good overclock (again the WB and UD3H seem to be the most favored). I will continue to use my 1 GTX 480, 1 DVD Burner, and possibly in the future the hot-swap that came with my HAF X that I removed. As it is now, may change much later too, I will continue to use my Vertex 3 MI 120GB as my main and my previous WD Black 500GB as my secondary. I likely won't ever RAID another SSD in due to TRIM won't be supported which I'd rather have on, makes things easier.

I had looked also at the ASUS Sabertooth Z77, but it seems like it may be a pain to attach my H80 cooler to the socket and it seems like it traps dust just by looking at it. Color scheme is also off from my blue LEDs, but that's trivial :na:

Can anyone provide more input? I'd appreciate it a lot :D