Sign in with
Your question

Which AM3+ Motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 2, 2012 9:08:30 PM
December 2, 2012 9:30:21 PM

Asrock are boards are ok for the price, Asus are good, so are Gigabyte.
If it comes down to price I fitted a Asrock extreme 3 a few days ago for a friend. Not a bad board indeed.
You may get extra bios features and tweaks on the other two boards it depends what you are planning, Just make sure the boards will except the cpu pin type before you buy one.
December 2, 2012 11:29:14 PM

Meh I don't really like ASRock, Apparently tons of them come DOA and their BIOS/board itself is somewhat cheaply built/doesn't have lots of features.

Asus are good, and Gigabyte is the best value IMO.

But considering AMD never really made good gaming processors I reccomend you find a really cheap temp one and use that until you can afford to upgrade to Intel.

Good Luck!
Related resources
December 3, 2012 11:39:43 PM

I got not long ago ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 to go with my 8320 and I have to say its amazing! Loads and loads of futures on board! WiFi Go+ Remote its probably my favorite ( you can connect with your Smartphone and watch movies, send/recieve files from pc - no wireless or bluetooth needed! ).
Another good thing - support SLI and Crossfire

If you can get nice deal on that - highy recomend it!
If not go for ASUS M5A97

Enjoy
a b V Motherboard
December 4, 2012 11:34:11 PM

What processor are you running, what board are you coming from and what clocks are you shooting to hit? I owned the M5A97 and was "meh" impressed by it's overclocking ability, but otherwise thought it was a very good board and a great overall value.

I swore I'd stop telling every person to buy the M5A99FX Pro R2.0 when they ask for any mobo advice- so I'll say spend the extra $30 and go for the M5A99X Evo R2.0 as mentioned above!
!