Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus Xonar DG PCI Sound Card vs realtek 7.1 high definition audio

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2012 8:52:37 AM

i already have a onboard 7.1 supporting realtek onboard audio im using it wih my Plantronics Headset With Mic : AUDIO-326 and entek 5.1ch audio..is it necessary to add a dedicated sound card like Asus Xonar DG PCI Sound Card ..will i get a best experience with my onboard sound card with the above headset and speaker..
January 31, 2012 12:16:50 PM

With a dedicated audio card the sound experience is better than onboard audio chip.
January 31, 2012 1:03:07 PM

sosofm said:
With a dedicated audio card the sound experience is better than onboard audio chip.

with that above headset and speaker can i experience a better sound quality like huge bass and clear voice..
Related resources
January 31, 2012 8:27:29 PM

Well it's pretty obvious. The Xonar DG has a decent headphone amp, not to mention it has Dolby Headphone (virtual 5.1 surround sound) which sounds great in games and improves positioning. It'll support headphones up to 150 Ohm headphones according to this review: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/audio/asus_xonar_dg_...
which makes it a big improvement over the on board if your headphones have a high resistance.
February 1, 2012 8:20:06 AM

fatfatr said:
Well it's pretty obvious. The Xonar DG has a decent headphone amp, not to mention it has Dolby Headphone (virtual 5.1 surround sound) which sounds great in games and improves positioning. It'll support headphones up to 150 Ohm headphones according to this review: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/audio/asus_xonar_dg_...
which makes it a big improvement over the on board if your headphones have a high resistance.

my headset and 5.1ch is mentioned above my question is will the asus sound card will make a very much noticable difference compared to a onboard sound card with these particular headset and speaker..
February 1, 2012 4:09:25 PM

It depends a lot on the equipment at the other end. There will be a difference, but how much of a difference depends on the quality of the headphones/speker that you use.
February 1, 2012 6:04:02 PM

I have an Asus Xonar DG pci card in my system and also good onboard sound
and the Xonar DG sounds better on my Creative T4400 4.1 surround sound
also I use it with headphones and it has a dedicated headphone amp that you can plug
into the front ports of case (HD or AC97) with jack sensing
I am very happy with it

February 2, 2012 1:56:53 AM

still not getting the required answer i asked whether i will get a notable sound experience with Plantronics Headset With Mic : AUDIO-326 and entek 5.1ch audio compared to onboard mobo..

Best solution

February 2, 2012 2:46:10 AM

the answer would be yes in my experience

having a sound card will deliver a better sound experience
the sound chips used are higher quality than the ones on a mobo
so give better audio quality
February 7, 2012 6:17:57 PM

it wuyd definitly make a big difference with the headphone u using.. little or no difference at all with the speakers
February 7, 2012 10:46:02 PM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
February 8, 2012 6:39:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
!