Right now I'm selecting parts for a build that I will do. I will be using this build for gaming (mostly), video editing (some, not alot), and everything else (web surfing, school work, etc.). The parts include:
- Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black Edition
- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel i5-2500K 3.3 GHz Quad-Core
- Cooler Master v8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
- MSI GeForce GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
- Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 Memory
- OCZ ZX Series 850W Fully Modular 80Plus Gold High Performance Power Supply
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache HDD (Main Storage)
- Corsair Force Series 3 2.5" 90GB SATA III SSD (Boot Drive)
- Rosewill RNX-N180PCE PCIe Wireless Adapter 300Mb/s
- ASUS DVD/CD Burner Combo Drive
- SABRENT 68-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader w/ USB 2.0 port
Now I have a few questions about something's:
1) Should I SLI the MSI GTX 560 TI?
I will be running a minimum of 2 Monitors, I havent decided if I'll be doing 3 monitors or not. I do realize if I do 3 monitors I will need to SLI (I do not want to use the integrated video in my CPU) but I was wondering If I should go ahead and do it.
2) Is this a good selection of parts?
This will be my first build and I want advice from a wide range of people
Feel free to suggest anything like changes to the selection, additions, etc. Thanks for the help guys!