hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Alright so I was shopping and adding things to my cart and was almost finished until I realized that I was shopping on Neweggs American website :( So now im on Canada's newegg site and I finished my build. At first I was hoping to keep it under 700$ but with shipping I bumped it up to 800$

Not sure if all these components will work together and that's why I need your peoples help.

Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W

Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s ATX

Case: COOLER MASTER CM 690 II Advanced nVidia Edition

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB

Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz

Asus DVD Burner

120 GB Hard Drive (already own this, don't want to upgrade because of price)

There is currently a combo deal for the Powersupply and Mobo which knocks off 20$. Will these components work together? Thanks!

Intel processors like the sandy bridge only fit in intel socket 1155 motherboards . They cant be fitted to an AMD board of any kind .

There is advice at the top of the forum about how to ask for advice . Then we know best how to help you . Right now we dont even know what you want to use your computer for , and what parts you might already have

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Sorry, I will be using it for mostly Gaming and occasional video editing. I don't have any of the above other than the Hard Drive which I already listed.

Which would be a better Motherboard for this build around the same price area? Any suggestions?

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
No, no man I'm reading up on reviews for that mobo and I'm loving what Im seeing. The price is actually good compared to others I've seen. Plus it still keeps the build under 700$, so technically its doing its job :)

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I have the gen3 extreme3 and the gigabyte in terms of hardware features, meaning usb 3.0/2.0 ports, sata 6gbs/3gbs, and or other on board connectors appear to be the same.

The extreme 3 does look better though...They both are good boards.

Edit- +1 to aznshinobis build

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
aznshinobi, your build is good but I have never heard of Direct Canada before. Whats the reputation on that? I like my build right now and don't want to swap everything. I don't like traveling into unfamiliar grounds in terms of brands, I like EVGA, ASUS, Crossair, Nvidia, Intel, Cooler Master, Thermaltake and a few others. I do not know why...

Also I do not care much for overclocking but If I can I guess it is something I can learn.

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
marketing, thats why.

Gigabyte is well known for making great motherboards, I currently have a gigabyte gpu, but it is only like four days old. EVGA are great cards though.

the haf 912 is made by cooler master, both the 690 and the haf 912 are great cases, I believe the 912 has more room in the side panel for cable management. It is also a wider case, and thus can have taller heatsinks.

The ram he selected is great, but so is your, I assume yours is 1600?

Take what you want and discard what you don't, the board is a great value for all the features though.

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
I'm not completely sold on Canada Direct though. It looks just a tad bit sketchy and I think I'm going to go with my gut feeling and not purchase from them sorry. Plus they don't have the case I wanted.

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
K hold on here. Lets all stay on the Newegg.ca website please. Before this gets anymore confusing. Right now I have my original build but instead of the Asrock board I replaced it with the GigaByte board. The DVD Burner I'm going to buy at a local store.

Right now including shipping it comes to 775$. I think that Aznshinobi's build is a great build but I like to have brand name stuff that I'm familiar with.

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
NCIX is a legit retailer, I have purchased from their US site and have had no problems, (just bought an i5 cpu, a70 cpu cooler, and a dvd drive). NCIX was actually started in Canada, and has recently moved their retail operation to US.

However, if you are more comfortable with newegg than go with that, and if you are more comfortable with familiar name brands than thats ultimately your choice too.

Ram is pretty cheap, so most new build especially in the 700-800 range go with 8 gigs. You probably should just opt for the 8 gigs, as spending 30-40 dollars on 2x2 gb ram only to later upgrade doesn't make to much sense to me.

Also which specific ram are you considering, so long as it is 1.5 volt, like outlander suggested, you should be fine.

In terms of "will my build work", yeah you are good to go, but aznshinobis is a better build.