Problem with shortcut key.

Hi,

As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by pushing
those keys, although this feature had been part of the windows since the
first version, I have never been able to use it ,can anyone please tell me
that how I can configure this to makes it work ? Thanks,

Afshin
" Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

[[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you press to
start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically include CTRL+ALT.
Press the key you want to add to this combination. For example, to define
the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H, press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER,
TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, DELETE, or BACKSPACE.

No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key conflicts
with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access key does not work.
An access key is a letter or number that, when used in combination with the
ALT key, carries out the same command as clicking the command with the
mouse.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uUj5$KBfEHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
A-DESIGN <afshinstock@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
>
> As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
> properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by
> pushing those keys, although this feature had been part of the
> windows since the first version, I have never been able to use it
> ,can anyone please tell me that how I can configure this to makes it
> work ? Thanks,
>
> Afshin
> " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

Shortcut needs to be on the desktop or start menu.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"A-DESIGN" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uUj5$KBfEHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
> properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by pushing
> those keys, although this feature had been part of the windows since the
> first version, I have never been able to use it ,can anyone please tell me
> that how I can configure this to makes it work ? Thanks,
>
> Afshin
> " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

Yepper. ;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%2316oeUBfEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
David Candy <david@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Shortcut needs to be on the desktop or start menu.

> 'Not happy John! Defending our democracy',
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html
>
> "A-DESIGN" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go
>> to properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program
>> by pushing those keys, although this feature had been part of the
>> windows since the first version, I have never been able to use it
>> ,can anyone please tell me that how I can configure this to makes it
>> work ? Thanks,
>>
>> Afshin
>> " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

"A-DESIGN" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote:
| Hi,
|
| As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
| properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by pushing
| those keys, although this feature had been part of the windows since the
| first version, I have never been able to use it ,can anyone please tell me
| that how I can configure this to makes it work ? Thanks,
|
| Afshin
| " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

[Start] | Help and Support |
---
Jan

Thanks for all replies

"+-J" <bitbucket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "A-DESIGN" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
> | properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by
> pushing
> | those keys, although this feature had been part of the windows since the
> | first version, I have never been able to use it ,can anyone please tell
> me
> | that how I can configure this to makes it work ? Thanks,
> |
> | Afshin
> | " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "
>

> [Start] | Help and Support |
> ---
> Jan

Can I do some changes that windows see other folder (somewhere in the hard
drive) instead of desktop or start menu ?

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
Shortcut needs to be on the desktop or start menu.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"A-DESIGN" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> As you all know if you right click on programs shortcut icon and go to
> properties you can define shortcut in order to call that program by
> pushing
> those keys, although this feature had been part of the windows since the
> first version, I have never been able to use it ,can anyone please tell me
> that how I can configure this to makes it work ? Thanks,
> Afshin
> " Please Cc: to afshinstock@hotmail.com too. "

Probably not.