PSU compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I wouldn't worry about Bronze versus Silver; there is no issue with the TP XT being a Bronze rated PSU. If you already have the XT 675W, then don't worry about replacing it - it is sufficient to power the 6970.

Thermaltake isn't one of the more highly recommended brands because of some reliability issues. People tend to recommend Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic for excellent reliability/performance. Proximon has a recommended PSU thread for some more detailed info if you want to do some more reading. Again...there is no need to replace your PSU - it has sufficient power for your intended GPU.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
This PSU will work perfectly fine with the GFX card, theres no need to worry too much about amps/voltages, The card requires a 550watt or higher PSU, 675 is easily enough.

The PSU has modules for 6 and 8 pin connectors, the GFX card requires 1 6 pin and 1 8 pin.

However the following 2 have a higher reliability rating (80+ silver 88%)
there a little more expensive but have a much higher ammount of modules and the 750 watt version will allow you to upgrade even further (2nd graphics etc) if you need.

750 watt
http://www.ebuyer.com/191824-xfx-750w-black-edition-modular-psu-13-5cm-fan-11x-sata-4x-p1-750b-ukb9

650 watt
http://www.ebuyer.com/264370-xfx-650w-modular-edition-psu-p1-650x-nlh9

sadas21

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Does my PSU being bronze rated become an issue? I have to say the build quality of this PSU is excellent that i have, nice braided cables too :p but if it being bronze is a problem then this worries me :ouch:

I wouldn't worry about Bronze versus Silver; there is no issue with the TP XT being a Bronze rated PSU. If you already have the XT 675W, then don't worry about replacing it - it is sufficient to power the 6970.

Thermaltake isn't one of the more highly recommended brands because of some reliability issues. People tend to recommend Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic for excellent reliability/performance. Proximon has a recommended PSU thread for some more detailed info if you want to do some more reading. Again...there is no need to replace your PSU - it has sufficient power for your intended GPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.