Help me build a <$200 gaming computer?

10ftcoke

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
my current pc is a 6 year old hp pavilion a1457c. even with a few component upgrades, its a miracle i can run sc2 and mw2 with it. however it doesn't quite cut it for the new shooters bf3 and mw3 or even black ops.

I'm looking to make a new gaming comp using as little money as possible, and i already know what cpu and gpu i want (intel 3.0ghz x2, 3x 1gb ram sticks and geforce 8800GT), its everything else that I need help finding.

whats the cheapest mobo that can support everything above and allows overclocking from the bios? a reasonably priced fan that allows some overclocking? and the mobo needs to support IDE cables or I'll have to buy a new cd drive =P. is it possible for me to use my old computer case? the system specs are found here <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00680691&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&site=null&lang=en&product=3203118&key=null>
I'm not familiar with computer cases, but i think the one i have is fairly standard sized. if not, then whats a dirt cheap case i can buy? i shop off ebay and newegg
thanks in advance for the help and time

TRENDING THREADS