desperately looking for widcomm drivers

Hi,

I have an InstantPAN BTU01A bluetooth dongle. I had Widcomm 1.3.2.7 (I
think) installed... then I tried applying a bunch of updates to
Windows. After that, it didn't work anymore. Wouldn't connect.

I uninstalled the drivers... and now I need the drivers again because I
cannot find them.

I now have XP SP2 installed.

If you know how to install this dongle or know where to get the
drivers, please let me know.

Thank you,
Gail
1 answer Last reply
More about desperately widcomm drivers

    <empr3ss@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an InstantPAN BTU01A bluetooth dongle. I had Widcomm 1.3.2.7 (I
    > think) installed... then I tried applying a bunch of updates to
    > Windows. After that, it didn't work anymore. Wouldn't connect.
    >
    > I uninstalled the drivers... and now I need the drivers again because I
    > cannot find them.
    >
    > I now have XP SP2 installed.
    >
    > If you know how to install this dongle or know where to get the
    > drivers, please let me know.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Gail

    I would start with the vendors web site. The Widcomm drivers tend to be
    locked to the dongle manufacturer and even if you downloaded the
    Belkin/Widcomm drivers, for example, they most likely won't work with your
    dongle.

    I will also warn you that installing the BT drivers under XP SP2 can be
    challenging. You can probably use the default Windows drivers but you may
    lose some functionality and they may not work. They didn't work for me and I
    had a time getting the Belkin Widcomm drivers loaded over the Windows
    drivers.

    Good luck
    TC

Bluetooth Drivers