desperately looking for widcomm drivers

Last response: in Technologies
a b \ Driver
January 3, 2005 5:56:49 PM

Hi,

I have an InstantPAN BTU01A bluetooth dongle. I had Widcomm 1.3.2.7 (I
think) installed... then I tried applying a bunch of updates to
Windows. After that, it didn't work anymore. Wouldn't connect.

I uninstalled the drivers... and now I need the drivers again because I
cannot find them.

I now have XP SP2 installed.

If you know how to install this dongle or know where to get the
drivers, please let me know.

Thank you,
Gail
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 5, 2005 10:13:03 AM

<empr3ss@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an InstantPAN BTU01A bluetooth dongle. I had Widcomm 1.3.2.7 (I
> think) installed... then I tried applying a bunch of updates to
> Windows. After that, it didn't work anymore. Wouldn't connect.
>
> I uninstalled the drivers... and now I need the drivers again because I
> cannot find them.
>
> I now have XP SP2 installed.
>
> If you know how to install this dongle or know where to get the
> drivers, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Gail

I would start with the vendors web site. The Widcomm drivers tend to be
locked to the dongle manufacturer and even if you downloaded the
Belkin/Widcomm drivers, for example, they most likely won't work with your
dongle.

I will also warn you that installing the BT drivers under XP SP2 can be
challenging. You can probably use the default Windows drivers but you may
lose some functionality and they may not work. They didn't work for me and I
had a time getting the Belkin Widcomm drivers loaded over the Windows
drivers.

Good luck
TC
!