Trouble booting up

yadz_85

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,

Firstly I hope I am posting this in the correct part of the forums, sorry if I am not.

I recently purchased a computer off of my manager which I am not having a few problems with. The first problem being it takes me 5 attempts to turn the computer on, the first 4 times I turn my PC on I can hear the fans starting but I get no BIOS beep, on the 5th time it loads up with the BIOS beep and I am able to access windows.

I thought it may be a problem with the hard drive, so I switched over from using this hard drive with windows 7 to another hard drive using XP but I face exactly the same problems.

Another problem that may be tied into this is that the computer likes to freeze. Not very commonly maybe once a day, on the windows 7 hard drive the computer would just freeze and die but with the windows XP hard drive I get a BSOD with the error code 0x00000F4, I am not sure if this is linked?

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me what could be causing these issues and how I can fix it.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
The Bsod could be linked however that perticular issue tends to be related to bad sectors on the HDD, however this could be linked to your main issue.

From experience it can go either way, you may need to simply flash your bios, if that does not work however and you get the same issue with a new bios and with win7 HDD installed then I would say its your PSU, how old is the machine?