Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How much graphics card is too much for a sony bravia tv?

Last response: in Systems
October 30, 2011 11:13:53 PM

I am thinking about getting someone to build a computer for me and paying them. I would look at a similar parts list on here and then order them from newegg.

I do know I want about 8 gigs of ripjaw memory, a 2500k for the processor, and probably since I will just be using one card for awhile a gtx570 or maybe even a gtx580. 850+ powersupply in a good brand.

Except for one thing. I play games and watch movies with my computer hooked up to a Sony Bravia 40" television. It is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX500.

Right now I have a 8800gts 512 and run at 1920x1080. I have a dual core 2.6 ghz and 3 gigs of memory.

I only plan to play top down action rpg games like titan quest and diablo 3, and some old gta games and probably the new gta game. I do not like first person anything usually and love loot grinders.

I don't want to buy more graphics card than I can benefit from. Can anyone help me?

**I spent a lot of money in the past at newegg and did build a few systems with someone helping me. I do not want to be responsible for building this one myself, but I am too picky to want a prebuilt system.
October 31, 2011 12:22:02 AM

geralt29 said:
I am thinking about getting someone to build a computer for me and paying them. I would look at a similar parts list on here and then order them from newegg.

I do know I want about 8 gigs of ripjaw memory, a 2500k for the processor, and probably since I will just be using one card for awhile a gtx570 or maybe even a gtx580. 850+ powersupply in a good brand.

Except for one thing. I play games and watch movies with my computer hooked up to a Sony Bravia 40" television. It is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX500.

Right now I have a 8800gts 512 and run at 1920x1080. I have a dual core 2.6 ghz and 3 gigs of memory.

I only plan to play top down action rpg games like titan quest and diablo 3, and some old gta games and probably the new gta game. I do not like first person anything usually and love loot grinders.

I don't want to buy more graphics card than I can benefit from. Can anyone help me?

**I spent a lot of money in the past at newegg and did build a few systems with someone helping me. I do not want to be responsible for building this one myself, but I am too picky to want a prebuilt system.

I actually game on a Vizio 42" 3D TV. I actually have a pair of 5870's in Crossfire. I'd say a GTX 560 is plenty and 570 is overkill.
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
October 31, 2011 3:35:40 AM

Honestly for your setup I'd actually recommend the AMD 6950 - most Geforce series cannot natively connect to HDMI - you either need a HDMI-DVI adapter which causes all kinds of issues, or you need a mini-HDMI - DVI adapter. Check out the Sapphire Flex 6950 and the MSI Twin Frozr II.
Related resources

Best solution

October 31, 2011 4:43:14 AM

At 1080 I'd say a get gtx570 or 6970 when they go onsale. You have had the gts for a few years so Ill assume you will keep this for a few more. Stay ahead for as long as you can if you do not plan to upgrade untill the next new machine.
October 31, 2011 5:52:20 AM

thank you
November 10, 2011 5:29:36 PM

Best answer selected by geralt29.
!