Solved

How much graphics card is too much for a sony bravia tv?

I am thinking about getting someone to build a computer for me and paying them. I would look at a similar parts list on here and then order them from newegg.

I do know I want about 8 gigs of ripjaw memory, a 2500k for the processor, and probably since I will just be using one card for awhile a gtx570 or maybe even a gtx580. 850+ powersupply in a good brand.

Except for one thing. I play games and watch movies with my computer hooked up to a Sony Bravia 40" television. It is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX500.

Right now I have a 8800gts 512 and run at 1920x1080. I have a dual core 2.6 ghz and 3 gigs of memory.

I only plan to play top down action rpg games like titan quest and diablo 3, and some old gta games and probably the new gta game. I do not like first person anything usually and love loot grinders.

I don't want to buy more graphics card than I can benefit from. Can anyone help me?

**I spent a lot of money in the past at newegg and did build a few systems with someone helping me. I do not want to be responsible for building this one myself, but I am too picky to want a prebuilt system.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card sony bravia
  1. geralt29 said:
    I am thinking about getting someone to build a computer for me and paying them. I would look at a similar parts list on here and then order them from newegg.

I do know I want about 8 gigs of ripjaw memory, a 2500k for the processor, and probably since I will just be using one card for awhile a gtx570 or maybe even a gtx580. 850+ powersupply in a good brand.

Except for one thing. I play games and watch movies with my computer hooked up to a Sony Bravia 40" television. It is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX500.

Right now I have a 8800gts 512 and run at 1920x1080. I have a dual core 2.6 ghz and 3 gigs of memory.

I only plan to play top down action rpg games like titan quest and diablo 3, and some old gta games and probably the new gta game. I do not like first person anything usually and love loot grinders.

I don't want to buy more graphics card than I can benefit from. Can anyone help me?

**I spent a lot of money in the past at newegg and did build a few systems with someone helping me. I do not want to be responsible for building this one myself, but I am too picky to want a prebuilt system.

I actually game on a Vizio 42" 3D TV. I actually have a pair of 5870's in Crossfire. I'd say a GTX 560 is plenty and 570 is overkill.
  2. Honestly for your setup I'd actually recommend the AMD 6950 - most Geforce series cannot natively connect to HDMI - you either need a HDMI-DVI adapter which causes all kinds of issues, or you need a mini-HDMI - DVI adapter. Check out the Sapphire Flex 6950 and the MSI Twin Frozr II.
  3. Best answer
    At 1080 I'd say a get gtx570 or 6970 when they go onsale. You have had the gts for a few years so Ill assume you will keep this for a few more. Stay ahead for as long as you can if you do not plan to upgrade untill the next new machine.
  4. thank you
  5. Best answer selected by geralt29.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Sony Systems