Open With - Not listing Word 2003 in Windows XP

For some reason, Word 2003 is not showing up as an
available program when I right click on an .HTM or .HTML
file. When I had Office XP, this was not an issue. Now
that I've upgraded to Office 2003, it doesn't show up at
all. I have to browse to its location in the file
system. Even after I browse to it and select it, on
subsequent attempts, it still doesn't show up on the
list. (Notepad, Wordpad, IE, and Excel do show up, among
others.) No obvious problems were found in the registry -
in fact it appears there in the OpenWith list for .HTM
and .HTML files.

"Repairing" the installation didn't work.

I've never seen anything quite like this. Ideas?

--Eric
1 answer Last reply
More about open listing word 2003 windows

    Hi,

    You will have to select it once from the list of programs to get it to
    appear in the list of associated programs. This doesnt come by default. And
    why would u want to open html files with word. you will end up seeing the
    page without images or view the source code.

    Please let me know why you are required to open html files with word 2003.

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com.

    "Eric" wrote:

    > For some reason, Word 2003 is not showing up as an
    > available program when I right click on an .HTM or .HTML
    > file. When I had Office XP, this was not an issue. Now
    > that I've upgraded to Office 2003, it doesn't show up at
    > all. I have to browse to its location in the file
    > system. Even after I browse to it and select it, on
    > subsequent attempts, it still doesn't show up on the
    > list. (Notepad, Wordpad, IE, and Excel do show up, among
    > others.) No obvious problems were found in the registry -
    > in fact it appears there in the OpenWith list for .HTM
    > and .HTML files.
    >
    > "Repairing" the installation didn't work.
    >
    > I've never seen anything quite like this. Ideas?
    >
    > --Eric

Configuration Word 2003 Windows XP