Open With - Not listing Word 2003 in Windows XP

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

For some reason, Word 2003 is not showing up as an
available program when I right click on an .HTM or .HTML
file. When I had Office XP, this was not an issue. Now
that I've upgraded to Office 2003, it doesn't show up at
all. I have to browse to its location in the file
system. Even after I browse to it and select it, on
subsequent attempts, it still doesn't show up on the
list. (Notepad, Wordpad, IE, and Excel do show up, among
others.) No obvious problems were found in the registry -
in fact it appears there in the OpenWith list for .HTM
and .HTML files.

"Repairing" the installation didn't work.

I've never seen anything quite like this. Ideas?

--Eric

Hi,

You will have to select it once from the list of programs to get it to
appear in the list of associated programs. This doesnt come by default. And
why would u want to open html files with word. you will end up seeing the
page without images or view the source code.

Please let me know why you are required to open html files with word 2003.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.