New Build Random Problems

dguy75

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
New Build Random Problems

1st build and I am getting a few random problems and looking for help.

Build

ASUS P8X68-vPRO
I-7 2600K
8 Gig Corsair Vengence Ram
ASUS GTX 580 DC2
Corsair HX 1050

All drivers are up to date for Grapics card and MB.
No Overclocking on any components

Problem 1: When I turn on the PC, sometimes the PC seems to boot up but no video. The screens do not wake up. I don't have the speeker for POST beep, but the LEDs on the asus MB come on and clear near the MB and CPU. I have to reset the PC several times and eventually the screen will activate and ask if i want to start in safe mode.

Problem 2: Playing WoW the main screen goes black. I can still hear the sound but no wow. I can still browse on 2nd screen and crash the game then restart.

Probelm 3: I get random Reset every now and then.. Seemed like this was happening more when I was playing WOW and watching HULU.

Problem 4: USB random detect noise. Tonight the 1st time all my USB went Dead. But I do from time to time hear the noise like a device was just detected.

These are a bit anyoing, however the no monitor at boot up is the worst.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don

Did you stress test the build with Prime95 and Furmark, checking temps with CPUID's hardware Monitor? That would eliminate heat and memory as issues.

I would uninstall all Overclocking Utilities, clear CMOS, load BIOS defaults, save, and reboot. Let us know at what temps the cpu and gpu "stabilize".

Run Prime95 10 minutes, Furmark Torture Test 10 min, both 5 minutes. If cpu temp touches 80C, or if gpu temp touches 90C, stop the tests and resolve heat issues.

If Prime95 fails (eg, rounding error) you have a memory issue we can work through.

If heat and memory are OK, we'll move to the next steps.

Download utilities from this site:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/30530-latest-overclocking-programs-system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html