When do you expect to see Bluetooth v2 being used in mobil..

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile
Last response: in Technologies
Share
January 5, 2005 4:26:31 PM

I read that BT v2 had been agreed afew months back, and the good news is
that accepts multiple connections. I would like to see this soon because I
would like my mobile to be able to connect to the car kit as well as the gps
reciever, or the handsfree as well as my pc.
When do you think we will see it all happen?

Alan

More about : expect bluetooth mobil

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 4:26:32 PM

Bluetooth 1.1 lets you have multiple connections; on my PDA and desktop
computer, I can do things like use a Bluetooth keyboard, send objects
to other devices, and do just about anything at the same time.

No phone that I have tried will support this. This is a function of the
phone's Bluetooth stack more than the spec.

Note that the order in which you establish the connections does matter.
If I use my computer to establish a link to my PDA, then my computer is
the master and the PDA is the slave. Another device can't then connect
to the PDA.

I've tried:
SonyEricsson P800, P900
Ericsson T39m, R520m
Nokia NGage
without luck in terms of multiple devices. Perhaps some phones will
eventually support it. I wouldn't hold my breath.
January 6, 2005 2:01:18 AM

Maybe that is the problem then, not the version just the implementation.
When do you think they will allow phones/pda's to make more than one
connection then?
I always connect my phone to other devices, so that means it is the master,
but it won't let me connect more than one.

Alan

<bb+graffiti.spam.gopigopi@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message
> Bluetooth 1.1 lets you have multiple connections; on my PDA and desktop
> computer, I can do things like use a Bluetooth keyboard, send objects
> to other devices, and do just about anything at the same time.
>
> No phone that I have tried will support this. This is a function of the
> phone's Bluetooth stack more than the spec.
>
> Note that the order in which you establish the connections does matter.
> If I use my computer to establish a link to my PDA, then my computer is
> the master and the PDA is the slave. Another device can't then connect
> to the PDA.
>
> I've tried:
> SonyEricsson P800, P900
> Ericsson T39m, R520m
> Nokia NGage
> without luck in terms of multiple devices. Perhaps some phones will
> eventually support it. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 7:08:02 PM

Very soon: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3891

--