Sign in with
Your question

Belkin Connect N150 stopped working

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 7, 2011 4:16:31 AM

Hello,

I have a Belkin Connect N150 router. I purchased the router about 4 months ago, and for the past 4 months, it's been working perfectly. About an hour ago I noticed that I was unable to connect to the internet, and the router had a constant amber light (instead of green). Nothing has changed - I still have my local IP, and nothing became unplugged between the modem and the router. None of the lights on the modem indicated it was having any issues, but I went ahead and reset the modem and then the router. I received an IP from the router, but was still unable to connect to the internet. I'm connected to the router via an ethernet cable, so I unplugged it from the router and plugged it directly into the modem, and was able to connect to the internet without a problem (I'm connected directly to the modem right now). I tried reconnecting the modem to the router with a couple different ethernet cables and still receive the constant amber light. The other person on my network who is connected via wireless can also connect to the router, but has no internet connectivity (as I assumed). Any ideas as to what could be the root of this problem? Did my router just die..?

Thanks

More about : belkin connect n150 stopped working

March 7, 2011 1:29:29 PM

Did it just die? Sounds possible. One last idea; go the Belkin website, download the latest firmware, and install it (even if it's the same version). Sometimes these routers just get messed up and a reinstall of the firmware *might* be enough to get it going again. As always, be sure to do the firmware update over wire, never wireless.
m
l
March 7, 2011 8:52:40 PM

I had it check for a firmware update not too long ago and it didn't have one. Strangely enough, the same problems occurred all night. I left for work this morning and got a text from my roommate about it at 9:07. At 9:19 he texted saying, "fixed" and that all he did was reset the modem. I'm outrageously baffled, but at the same time relieved. At least it works, but I reset the modem at LEAST 10 times.. I don't get it.
m
l
!