Is this setup going to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbyizzy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Hello,
I am going to configure my own build from cyberpowerpc and I just want to check this setup with you pros before I buy it and find out something isn't right. Thanks for any input you may have on this build!
CAS:Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display
CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R/ -RW CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT:Standard Coolant
CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
CS_FAN:Default case fans
FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified)
NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY:700 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Thanks again!

Solution
Even with the dual graphics cards, you wouldn't need a liquid cooling setup. It's only needed if you do extreme overclocking of the CPU. What would make more sense for you, especially in light of the dual GPU setup to come, is to have extra case fans installed, so you have 2 fans pulling air in the front, and 2 fans pushing air out the back (and top if possible).

abbyizzy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

It's a special right now for free upgrade - should I just go with the Intel LGA1156 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink instead? I am getting this board for future use of the dual graphics cards and possibly more hard drives. Would the liquid cooling be worth it at that point?

Even with the dual graphics cards, you wouldn't need a liquid cooling setup. It's only needed if you do extreme overclocking of the CPU. What would make more sense for you, especially in light of the dual GPU setup to come, is to have extra case fans installed, so you have 2 fans pulling air in the front, and 2 fans pushing air out the back (and top if possible).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.