Rebnoot and select proper boot device

battguano

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I have scoured the web for the solution to this but can't seem to make any headway. Basically, one of the first PC's I built stopped working and I'm trying to salvage it. It came down to the CPU, which was so old that I couldn't find it anywhere, so I bought a new mobo/CPU combo (I realize i'll have to contact Microsoft to get it valid again) and installed all of my old parts onto it. I have 2 500g HD's installed in a raid 0 setup. I have configured that in bios but I am getting the good old "reboot and select proper boot device" message when booting up. I've upgraded BIOS, moved the sata cables around, verified the HD's are recognized, all to no avail. No matter what, I keep getting that same message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this going? I'm 99% positive it's not a drive problem, i'm not getting any beep codes to indicate any problems, memory is good but for the life of me I can't figure out why this won't get past that error.

any help appreciated.

thanks!

feminalbert

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Check your HDD in some other machine because for hard disc fault it won't make any beeps also check wethr your hard disc is running by touching its body , Connect the SATA cable in some other port and try again

battguano

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

can't try in another machine as HD's are raid configured but they are spinning. I know it's not a bad HD, the CPU was old, covered in dirt, and in cleaning it I bent a pin. I ended up with new mobo/memory/cpu and it's something to do with the fact it was configured as Raid and even tho I've configured it in bios it seems there's something else.

Latest posts