Surf Internet on the phone using bluetooth instead GPRS

Last response: in Technologies
January 8, 2005 10:47:53 PM

Hi there,

How I can use the bluetooth of my pc and phone to use the internet conection
of my ADSL instead the GPRS to surf the internet on my phone, I don't want
to pay GPRS if i stay on my house.
Thanks
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:48:28 AM

Fernando Suarez T wrote:

> How I can use the bluetooth of my pc
With a Bluetooth access point in Hardware or via a Router-PC with a
Bluetooth dongle.

> and phone
In most cases this is not possible because the phones do not use such a
profile.

> to use the internet conection
> of my ADSL instead the GPRS to surf the internet on my phone, I don't want
> to pay GPRS if i stay on my house.
But it does not make much of a sense because the range in most cases is
max. 10 meter in free air.

Use a cheap WLAN router instead for your PC.

If you have a smartphone it should be possible to connect via Bluetooth.

Wolfgang
January 9, 2005 2:33:20 PM

Hi Fernando,

go to www.BlueBlitz.com and download the software called Magicbeamer. You
can surf for free (over ISDN, DSL, LAN) and much more using your phone

Karl