Sabertooth 990fx starts then quits

Hello,
I have a desktop computer with a Sabertooth 990FX running an AMD 8 core processor Black Edition) and 16GB of memory. I am running Win 7 x64 Ultimate. I have a ssd disk as c drive. It has been running fine (except for very long startups and shutdowns).

Last night I installed a HP 8500 pro wireless printer and the system automatically re-booted. I got a BSD but did not capture the error fast enough.

Now when I try to boot, the fans start, the cd lights blink, motherboard lights blink and the machine goes thru the motions of starting but stops after 10 seconds.

I get a green standby power light and red flashes on the mem Ok switch. I have reseated every card, disconnected the c drive and tried to boot with my windows repair disk. Same thing happens, it is not even giving me a message to press any key to boo from cd.

I am entering this on my laptop.

Someone Help Please!
sdd
1 answer Last reply
More about sabertooth 990fx starts quits
  1. What specific ram modules are you using? Have you tried pressing mem okay when red led is blinking? Check your ram (especially on the non-lock down side) seating - give each module a good press down.
    Hope it helps
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Sabertooth Motherboards