screensaver

August 7, 2004 8:08:31 AM

I work at Tinker AFB and my boss is wanting all 1600
computers to show are shop metrics (shop metrices are
charts on how the shop is performing) on each computer
screensaver. All 1600 computers are on a network and we
have the capability to push login scripts. Would it be
possible to push standard screensaver to all our
computers and be able to change the files on the
screensaver once a week by just pushing a new login
command.

Your help on this would give me lots of brownie points
with the boss. 8-)

More about : screensaver

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 8:58:44 AM

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 04:08:31 -0700, "Dan Crowe"

>I work at Tinker AFB and my boss is wanting all 1600
>computers to show are shop metrics (shop metrices are
>charts on how the shop is performing) on each computer
>screensaver. All 1600 computers are on a network and we
>have the capability to push login scripts. Would it be
>possible to push standard screensaver to all our
>computers and be able to change the files on the
>screensaver once a week by just pushing a new login
>command.
>
>Your help on this would give me lots of brownie points
>with the boss. 8-)

Well this depends on a lot of things.

Making a screensaver out of a static image is not too difficult and
you therefore could make a screensaver using any basic shareware
program out there. The trick would probably be using a shared graphic
image that would update itself from your software periodically. But
from what I know this would only update on the desktops every time the
ss is activated unless you can programmatically refresh it. otherwise
youd have to make a screensaver that actually pulls running imagery
which I have no idea how to do.

---Atreju---
!