Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Low priced fan controller for storm scout??

Last response: in Components
February 1, 2012 2:38:16 AM

I'm buying the CM storm scout and figured I might as well buy a little fan controller with it, I saw the nzxt sentry 2 with the touch screen and thought that would be great! Then I saw many threads online stating incompatibility between the case and this controller, things saying like you have to pick between LED lights or fan control, but some also said the LED power button wouldn't work but the lights would still be on. Please clarify if any of you can! If I buy this controller will the lights not work period? Or will the LED light power button just not work (in this case I don't care and will buy anyways because I don't plan to turn the lights off..)? Also, please suggest any other fan controller, preferrably under $30, if you just think this controller is crap and I shouldn't buy it regardless.
a c 111 ) Power supply
February 1, 2012 2:58:16 AM

I own the storm scout myself and have been strongly considering buying a sentry 2 controller also. I think the led's are wired differently (to the button on the front panel) that is why you can only choose between led's and fan speed.
Score
February 1, 2012 3:05:34 AM

amuffin said:
I own the storm scout myself and have been strongly considering buying a sentry 2 controller also. I think the led's are wired differently (to the button on the front panel) that is why you can only choose between led's and fan speed.

how about the nzxt sentry mesh fan controller? ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) do you now if this will still work and allow the lights to be on?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 111 ) Power supply
February 1, 2012 3:11:06 AM

The lights will always be on because they are controlled by the button in the front of the case. IMHO I would get the sentrey 2 over that one.
February 1, 2012 3:13:16 AM

amuffin said:
The lights will always be on because they are controlled by the button in the front of the case. IMHO I would get the sentrey 2 over that one.

ahhh, so the lights will always be on, sorry I thought you meant that they the lights could either be turned on or adjusted... thanks for the help!
Score
February 1, 2012 3:13:29 AM

Best answer selected by mtrotchie.
Score
a c 111 ) Power supply
February 1, 2012 3:42:52 AM

mtrotchie said:
ahhh, so the lights will always be on, sorry I thought you meant that they the lights could either be turned on or adjusted... thanks for the help!

The lights can be turned on and off because of the switch on the front. It can't be adjust from the fan controller.
Score
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2012 11:11:18 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!