How long would a GTX 560ti last?

TheRooster94

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
(talking about the ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP version)

With my new build, it'll be in a HAF 912 Advanced case, with the CPU being an i5 2500k. In terms of activity, the maximum time I would have my computer on daily would be 16 hours, with 10-30% doing gaming/other graphic intensive stuff. And being frrom Australia, room teperatures can rangge from 10 to 35 degrees.

Just an idea, how long will the card last?

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
the card will last for quite some time. i have had fans burn out on vid cards before. if unable to replace with a similar fan, ive rigged them. wedge screws into heat sink fins to mount 80mm fans etc... you just gotta get rid of the heat.

my old AGP cards still run, and they were in machines that were on 24/7. they are all just rigged with crazy fan set ups.

Only if you take care of it. It is much better built than a typical gtx 460 if yours has the mid plate. If it does have the mid plate and the thermal pads were properly applied before you bought it chances are it may last for years before it has degraded enough to fail. Also change the thermal compound after two or three months of use because it gets very dry. The cooler can be removed without needing to bother with any thing else. Just be sure to keep it clean and don't leave it at stock fan settings then you will be fine.