XFX Pro 850 vs Antec TPQ 850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hello, wich PSU do you think is better option ?
I don't care if don't have modular cables,i wanna know wich have better performance,best voltaje regulation,better ripple supresion,etc

Solution

I would go with the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W (Silver) (TPX-875M) since you don't have access to the XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular (Silver) (P1-850B-NLG9).

Jord1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
A friend offers me the TPQ,but he said to me,look for others models to compare
Also i can consider the the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W,but i haven't found a complete review to see it
I repeat i don't care for modular cables
Between XT 875W,XFX Pro 850 and Antec TPQ 850 , wich PSU is the better option ?

XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular (Silver) (P1-850B-NLG9)
• OEM: Seasonic
• +12 Volt continuous current rating of 70 Amps
• four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors
• 5 Year warranty

XFX ProSeries 850W Core Edition Full Wired (Bronze) (P1-850S-NLB9)
• OEM: Seasonic
• +12 Volt continuous current rating of 70 Amps
• two 6-pin & two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors
• 5 Year warranty

Antec TruePower Quattro 850 (Bronze) (TPQ-850)
• OEM: Enhance Electronics
• combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 64 Amps
• 5 Year warranty

Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W (Silver) (TPX-875M)
• OEM: CWT (DSG platform)
• +12 Volt continuous current rating of 72 Amps
• 5 Year warranty

Of these four the best one is the XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular (Silver) (P1-850B-NLG9). You can't get any better than a 10 rating for electrical performance from JonnyGURU.com.

The Antec TruePower Quattro 850 (Bronze) (TPQ-850) has the weakest +12V rail.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular (Silver)

I personally use the 750W version of this PSU and have been very impressed with it.

One thing I will mention though is cable lengths. This may differ slightly between the 750-850w models, however, with the 750w unit I found cable management a little difficult in my CM Storm Scout case (only a mid-tower). The 8pin motherboard power was far too short to route behind the motherboard and had to go almost directly across the front in order to reach.

Extension cables can be purchased, but I thought id mention this. It's literally my only little complaint about the XFX unit. Everything is as good as can be :)

Jord1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
One question about the XFX Pro,the only bad thing i read about it is the so-so voltage regulation on 3.3V and +5V
How important this can be ? Can affect the hardware ?

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
You can always get the black edition:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=165

Voltage regulation is important for less wear and tear on the components. That said there are a couple things to think about with the 3.3v and 5v lines. % out of spec for one of those lines is less that what it would be for the 12v line. A 12v line that is 1% off is off by 0.12 volts. A 3.3v line that is off by 1% is off by 0.033 volts.

There are fewer components that are fed by the 3.3 and 5v lines. HDD's and USB are fed by the 5v line (HDD's also use the 12v line). 3.3v line goes to the Sata connectors, but I don't know that there are actually many SATA items that use the 3.3v line. I don't think he would have only dinged that model 0.5 points if he felt that the amount that the 3.3v and 5v lines were off were a big concern.

Jord1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Where i live i only can get the Core Edition .
My fear with the psu eleccion is choose a bad model and "destroy" the hardware
or reduce the util life

I would go with the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W (Silver) (TPX-875M) since you don't have access to the XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular (Silver) (P1-850B-NLG9).

Solution

Reviews:

http://www.funkykit.com/component/content/article/60-power-supplies/6347-review-thermaltake-toughpower-xt-875w-power-supply.html

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3736/thermaltake_toughpower_xt_875w_power_supply/index.html

Jord1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
But these reviews are not detailed like for example jonnyguru,Hardware secrets,etc
In the Tweaktown review is only tested the ripple of one rail
And the Funykit review only make focus on the efficient and the voltage regulation but nothing about the ripple
I would like to see a detailed review,to confirm my election,I'd not want to buy a PSU based on a review like this.

Thermaltake never bothered to submit that model to the top review sites.

You're not going to find a detailed review of the TPX-875M like those done by jonnyGURU.com or Hardware Secrets or HardOCP because most reviewers don't have the ability, knowledge or equipment to perform all of those tests.

You may have to gather test results from various review sites to form your own opinion.

You can get an idea of its performance from power supplies that use the same platform that the TPX-875M uses. The Corsair HX850 and TX950 models use the same CWT DSG platform. This platform usually gets the same rating across brands because the internal components are exactly the same since they're all made by CWT.

Status
Not open for further replies.