Sign in with
Your question

HOW TO REPAIR A MOTHERBOARD

Last response: in Motherboards
December 4, 2012 1:58:53 AM

I've heard that it's possible to repair motherboards for printers and/or PCs. Something about baking them? It sounds a bit wacky to me, but then, who knows? Thanks for any help.

More about : repair motherboard

a b V Motherboard
December 4, 2012 2:13:11 AM

Yea put them in the easy bake oven.... I think it depends whats wrong with it an it probably will involve some soldering.
m
l
December 10, 2012 7:13:07 AM

Yep it's possible to repair :) 
m
l
Related resources
December 10, 2012 2:01:15 PM

The link manub sent was to a pay-for certification program. If I wanted training in computer repair, I would not have come to this site with this question. Is there a site policy against for-profit promotion? :fou: 
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:04:27 PM

Wait--am I missing something? My reply had a for-profit link embedded in the word "program." My apologies, manub, if I mischaracterized response and thought you were personally trying to sell me something. Since you responded I thought there would be some instructions on how to do so and that the link was intended. Just so all reading this know: I do not in any way endorse the link embedded in the word "program" in my previous reply. Or in the word repair--or any other mysterious links that appear in my replies.

If anyone has some firsthand advice about fixing motherboards I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, any reader of this thread should ignore embedded links/ads.
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:16:44 PM

pegasus7 said:
Wait--am I missing something? My reply had a for-profit link embedded in the word "program." My apologies, manub, if I mischaracterized response and thought you were personally trying to sell me something. Since you responded I thought there would be some instructions on how to do so and that the link was intended. Just so all reading this know: I do not in any way endorse the link embedded in the word "program" in my previous reply. Or in the word repair--or any other mysterious links that appear in my replies.

If anyone has some firsthand advice about fixing motherboards I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, any reader of this thread should ignore embedded links/ads.

I'm not endorsing anything :) , i just shared what i know. You can use it if you want or just ignore it :) .
No issues. Thank you :) 
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:39:07 PM

manub said:
I'm not endorsing anything :) , i just shared what i know. You can use it if you want or just ignore it :) .
No issues. Thank you :) 

You wrote that it's possible to repair. And that's all. Is there a way that I can use that information?
m
l
December 11, 2012 5:01:45 AM

Yes you can use that info :) 
m
l
December 12, 2012 6:07:59 PM

You get best results if you put some fairy cakes in the oven at the same time!
m
l
December 19, 2012 12:24:33 AM

manub said:
Yes you can use that info :) 

How?
m
l
!