Mystery Network Cables ?

uerseya

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hi - just wondered if anyone could help me with 2 mystery cables I've found ?

They're terminated with standard ethernet plugs, but only pins 3, 4, 5 and 6 are wired in a straight through configuration, i.e. the same coloured wires go between each pin, i.e. black wire pin 3 to pin 3, green wire pin 4 to pin 4 and so on.

I know they won't support CAT5/5e/6 and they're not CAT3, so I'm a bit stumped.

Anyone got any ideas what they are and are used for ?

Thanks in advance ! :sol:

uerseya

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I think they came with ISDN equipment years and years ago, basically I'm having a clear out of the computer/network stuff on eBay I've accumulated over the past 10 or so years, or they could be from ADSL stuff as well.

I don't think they actually came in a retail box I purchased at any point, just that I've picked them up somewhere along the line in the past.

Not much help I know, if I can't ID them I'll just bin them as without knowing what they are I can't rightfully sell them.

Thanks in advance for any help :sol:

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I know that some Cisco terminal cables are straight-through CAT5 to RJ-45 connectors. Although, most of those usually have a serial male connector on the other end. Is the cable something like a light blue color? Is it flat?

uerseya

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Thinking about it you're probably right, I can't recall anything I ever bought that they came with, and it's a kicker that I can't remember where I 'acquired' them, but probably they're ISDN cables of some variety.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, cheers.

hollywoodlies

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
actually i too had this question...but nice informational question ....thanks for sharing useful answers friends...

Regards,
john wise.

Male Enhancement Pills | Erection Pills | How To Last Longer In Bed

So your post is not just an excuse to plug your web adverts then? Most of us get crap like that in Spam mails a dozen times a day and don't need to see links to the same rubbish here.