Gigabyte System Beeps (solved i think)

mountmissery

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
My machine wont post :(
It starts and it beeps one time. What is a short and what is a long beep? I think its a short beep, but what does this mean? Anyone know what a short beep means?

motherboard: GA-X48T-DQ6

:pt1cable:

mountmissery

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Well i turned it on and the system fans started. The lights came on but nothing on the screens. When i push the front button it turns right off again, i dont have to hold it. It use to do this when i put more ram in it. I have reset the cmos, removed the power for 6 hours and the battery. I have removed and reinstall the CPU, i have cleaned and reinstalled all the connectors and tried each ram chip by itself. If i remove all the ram i get a bunch of beeps of course. So, a short beep is normal?

mountmissery

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Ok just plugged in the hard drive again and booting. It beeped once then sounded like it was booting up. I waited and the fans did a little pitch change and almost sounds like the graphics card is broken, boom beeps again........ I wait for 30 seconds push ctrl alt delete.... nothing... i wait for a while and hit the front button, complete restart without holding. If it was booting wouldn't i have to hold it?

mountmissery

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Checked the cords and they seem ok. I only have 2 monitors pluged into the 4 dvi ports on my graphics card. They are both showing a yellow LED right now. I am going to leave the computer alone, on, for 20 minutes and then going to push the front button. If it turns off immediately will that mean motherboard or will the system not continue/post if the graphics card is messed up? (side note: i did spray the graphics card with brake cleaner in order to get white battery acid stuff off it when i relied this problem first start. The hard part is though, when i tried upgrading months ago i added 2 ram chips and it did the same thing. I removed those chips and it went back to normal. So the system has a history of faulty ram chips. I am under the assumption that the motherboard finally took a poop. I am in between a rock and a hard place. Replace the 500 dollar graphics card or replace the 500 dollar motherboard. (Graphics card: 4 DVI 2 GB ATI))

mountmissery

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
ohh wow something interesting just happend. I left it running like i said and when i pushed the front button it didnt restart. I did it again... Ok held it down now it restarted, wow it might be making it to windows. So glad i didn't buy a new board.