  • Configuration
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
August 7, 2004 6:11:20 PM

I am having problems deleting folders in XP. I have many folders that
have subfolders and files in them. When I am finished with them I
normally just select them in windows explorer and hit the delete key.
However lately I am unable to do that. I get this error message.....

Error Signature:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1556 Offset: 00046983

When this happens all the icons on the desktop dissapear and then they
come back. The only way that I have been successful in deleting is to
go into the sub folders individually and delete the files first then
the sub folders then the main folder.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in Advance

More about : problem deleting folders explorer

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 5:07:58 PM

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:11:20 GMT, Smooth G <Smooth G@infoworks.com>
wrote:

>I am having problems deleting folders in XP. I have many folders that
>have subfolders and files in them. When I am finished with them I
>normally just select them in windows explorer and hit the delete key.
>However lately I am unable to do that. I get this error message.....
>
>Error Signature:
>
>AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: shell32.dll
>ModVer: 6.0.2800.1556 Offset: 00046983
>
>When this happens all the icons on the desktop dissapear and then they
>come back. The only way that I have been successful in deleting is to
>go into the sub folders individually and delete the files first then
>the sub folders then the main folder.
>Is there a fix for this?
>Thanks in Advance

Anyone???