: where do i find the model of my amd 64 athlon

BIGDAN001

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hello,
I found a tiny AMD 64 Athlon in a rubbish skip i thought my mate could use sum of the parts inside for spares or repairs because it was in a skip i thought it would be broken!! hence it being in a skip!!
but when i got it home i was curious to have a look inside because the outside was in very good condition.
i opend it and all the insides looked really dusty so i adapted my hoover with a bit of tubing and cleared the dust out and compared to my g,friends computer it a hell of a lot more full up than hers which im guessing is good???
but has got a few wires and connectors left about inside how do i tell what needs to go bk on what??? if at all!!! can someone PLEASE help me as i know NOTHING about computers
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I follow some Simple wisdom which works 90% of the time when building a PC, "If it looks like it fits, then it probably does".

You also said you wanted to find out the CPU model, easiest thing to do is once you get it working, just right click my computer an go to properties.

Do us a favor, we love pics of salvaged rubbish. Post pics of the inners of the rig and we'll help you out. Plus we get to enjoy the pics and you get to enjoy the salvaged parts...
Sweet deal eh?