Bluetooth networking ...

Last response: in Technologies
January 9, 2005 6:48:24 PM

Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled devices. If
I have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few Bluetooth-enabled
Palm and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to work on all my
handheld, e.g. so I can browse the internet on my handheld and use my
computer with bluetooth-dongle and broadband connection to internet as
the router? Thanks

More about : bluetooth networking

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:42:08 AM

You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can use the
Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a BT dongle that
supports NAP Profile.

XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support, Widcomm does,
but when I tried it the results were not perfect.

> Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled devices. If I
> have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few Bluetooth-enabled Palm
> and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to work on all my handheld, e.g.
> so I can browse the internet on my handheld and use my computer with
> bluetooth-dongle and broadband connection to internet as the router?
> Thanks
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:42:09 AM

Sheppy wrote:
> You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can use the
> Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a BT dongle that
> supports NAP Profile.
>
> XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support, Widcomm does,
> but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
>

>>Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled devices. If I
>>have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few Bluetooth-enabled Palm
>>and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to work on all my handheld, e.g.
>>so I can browse the internet on my handheld and use my computer with
>>bluetooth-dongle and broadband connection to internet as the router?
>>Thanks

Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
Thanks
January 10, 2005 2:22:59 PM

In <news:34eribF46vopnU1@individual.net> Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
> Sheppy wrote:>>
>>
>>> Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled
>>> devices. If I have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few
>>> Bluetooth-enabled Palm and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to
>>> work on all my handheld, e.g. so I can browse the internet on my
>>> handheld and use my computer with bluetooth-dongle and broadband
>>> connection to internet as the router? Thanks
>>
>> You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can
>> use the Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a
>> BT dongle that supports NAP Profile.
>>
>> XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support,
>> Widcomm does, but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
>
> Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
> Thanks

yes
Cheers
Oliver
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 6:46:30 AM

Oliver Doll wrote:

>>>You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can
>>>use the Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a
>>>BT dongle that supports NAP Profile.
>>>
>>>XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support,
>>>Widcomm does, but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
>>
>>Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
>>Thanks
>

> yes
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445

Let me rephrase my question, do I need the NAP Server support on the
Bluetooth-enabled PC or do I need it on both the PC as well as on the
devices such as palm, PocketPC, or other bluetooth-enabled appliances.

Thanks
January 12, 2005 3:16:23 PM

go to http://www.blueblitz.com/products4.htm
download the software and start surfing with your pda or cell phone for
free!

Karl

"Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Oliver Doll wrote:

> >>Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
> >>Thanks
> >

> > yes
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445
>
> Let me rephrase my question, do I need the NAP Server support on the
> Bluetooth-enabled PC or do I need it on both the PC as well as on the
> devices such as palm, PocketPC, or other bluetooth-enabled appliances.
>
> Thanks
January 19, 2005 8:15:04 PM

can`t download the software i have sent a request but get no answere

!