Bluetooth networking ...

Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled devices. If
I have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few Bluetooth-enabled
Palm and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to work on all my
handheld, e.g. so I can browse the internet on my handheld and use my
computer with bluetooth-dongle and broadband connection to internet as
the router? Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth networking

    You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can use the
    Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a BT dongle that
    supports NAP Profile.

    XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support, Widcomm does,
    but when I tried it the results were not perfect.

    Sheppy wrote:
    > You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can use the
    > Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a BT dongle that
    > supports NAP Profile.
    >
    > XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support, Widcomm does,
    > but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
    >

    >>Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled devices. If I
    >>have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few Bluetooth-enabled Palm
    >>and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to work on all my handheld, e.g.
    >>so I can browse the internet on my handheld and use my computer with
    >>bluetooth-dongle and broadband connection to internet as the router?
    >>Thanks

    Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
    Thanks
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    In <news:34eribF46vopnU1@individual.net> Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
    > Sheppy wrote:>>
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to have IP networking with Bluetooth-enabled
    >>> devices. If I have a computer with Bluetooth dongle, and a few
    >>> Bluetooth-enabled Palm and/or Pocket PC, how do I get networking to
    >>> work on all my handheld, e.g. so I can browse the internet on my
    >>> handheld and use my computer with bluetooth-dongle and broadband
    >>> connection to internet as the router? Thanks
    >>
    >> You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can
    >> use the Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a
    >> BT dongle that supports NAP Profile.
    >>
    >> XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support,
    >> Widcomm does, but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
    >
    > Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
    > Thanks

    yes
    Cheers
    Oliver
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Oliver Doll wrote:

    >>>You need a Bluetooth device/ PC that support BT NAP server, and can
    >>>use the Microsoft SP2 BT network support, assuming that you have a
    >>>BT dongle that supports NAP Profile.
    >>>
    >>>XP SP2 Bluetooth support does not include NAP Server support,
    >>>Widcomm does, but when I tried it the results were not perfect.
    >>
    >>Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
    >>Thanks
    >

    > yes
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445

    Let me rephrase my question, do I need the NAP Server support on the
    Bluetooth-enabled PC or do I need it on both the PC as well as on the
    devices such as palm, PocketPC, or other bluetooth-enabled appliances.

    Thanks
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    go to http://www.blueblitz.com/products4.htm
    download the software and start surfing with your pda or cell phone for
    free!

    Karl

    "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Oliver Doll wrote:

    > >>Is the requirement applied to the PC or/and the Palm/PocketPC devices?
    > >>Thanks
    > >

    > > yes
    > > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445
    >
    > Let me rephrase my question, do I need the NAP Server support on the
    > Bluetooth-enabled PC or do I need it on both the PC as well as on the
    > devices such as palm, PocketPC, or other bluetooth-enabled appliances.
    >
    > Thanks
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    can`t download the software i have sent a request but get no answere
    "Karl" <Karl.wendy@blueblitz.com> schreef in bericht
    > go to http://www.blueblitz.com/products4.htm
    > download the software and start surfing with your pda or cell phone for
    > free!
    >
    > Karl
    >

    > "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Oliver Doll wrote:

    >> > yes
    >> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445
    >>
    >> Let me rephrase my question, do I need the NAP Server support on the
    >> Bluetooth-enabled PC or do I need it on both the PC as well as on the
    >> devices such as palm, PocketPC, or other bluetooth-enabled appliances.
    >>
    >> Thanks

Bluetooth Networking