Sign in with
Your question

Which of the temp of my CPU is the real one?

Last response: in CPUs
February 1, 2012 11:25:55 AM

hey, i overclocked my qx6700 few days ago, stable, i must say.
i got Vendeta 2 as air cooler.

i got to 3500 mhz and but i dont know which one of thoes desplay the real temp...
can you guys tell me?

my computer:
qx6700
ga-ep43-ds3 - bios version F9
vendeta 2
windows 7 64 bit
700w OCZ

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9494/whichoney.png

More about : temp cpu real

a c 159 à CPUs
February 1, 2012 11:37:43 AM

I would use only one monitor at a time; both speedfan and realtemp have similar readings. Use one of those.
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:16:28 PM

speed fan and real temp doesn't have similar readings.

coretemp and realtemp have on similar readings

and also speedfan and HardWare monitor have similar readings 2

the question which one of them giving me the real temp?
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2012 4:25:18 PM

All the temps look good. What's your concern?
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:58:56 PM

dfusco said:
All the temps look good. What's your concern?

does (from speedfan) 50 temp while doing nothing in the computer is idle?

also another question:

i restart my computer, and its disabled my overclock after trying to up my computer few times with out success

what does it mean? i should give more voltage to my Core
or does it mean that i need to lower abit the overclock?
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 1, 2012 5:14:53 PM

look that overclock is to high and mobo need more cooling 50 at idle
m
l
February 2, 2012 3:51:27 AM

scout_03 said:
look that overclock is to high and mobo need more cooling 50 at idle

can you explane ur self better? i cant understand you :( 
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
February 2, 2012 6:28:52 AM

The readings are awfully close, I wouldn't worry.
m
l
February 2, 2012 10:52:26 AM

Quote:
The readings are awfully close, I wouldn't worry.

but does the temp is idle?

also another question:

i restart my computer, and its disabled my overclock after trying to up my computer few times with out success

what does it mean? i should give more voltage to my Core
or does it mean that i need to lower abit the overclock?
m
l
a c 159 à CPUs
February 2, 2012 10:58:00 AM

I lower the ram speed before overclocking or use my boards bios overclock program. You'll just have to keep experimenting until you find the sweet spot for your board and cpu. You may not have to increase the voltage, but for your cpu, 1.4v is about the max I would use.
m
l
February 2, 2012 2:23:54 PM

o1die said:
I lower the ram speed before overclocking or use my boards bios overclock program. You'll just have to keep experimenting until you find the sweet spot for your board and cpu. You may not have to increase the voltage, but for your cpu, 1.4v is about the max I would use.

how do i lower the ram speed?

also i got this anoying problem that began long befor i stared overxlocking my computer:

if i shut down my computer or restart it, with or with out overclocking it...
when the computer turn on again, i see 4 leds in myep43-ds3 mother board turning on
and also 3 leds in my grafic cards turn on also, all of my copmuter fans turn and work full power
but the computer wont star on.
the only way i found to fix that (ofcoruse after this start hapening), is to keep pressing the shut down button
then wait for the commputer to shut of and then try again turning it on, after like 20 tryes my computer
decides to start normly...

do you guys know why the hell its happenning?
i cant restart or turn off my computer with out
reseling and waste at list 30 minits trying ro turn my copmuter on
right.
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 2, 2012 2:40:03 PM

what the board user manual tel you about those led for troubleshooting
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:34:23 PM

scout_03 said:
what the board user manual tel you about those led for troubleshooting

taken from the "User's Manual":
page 33:
22) PHASE LED
The number of lighted LEDs indicated the CPU loading. The higher the CPU loading, the more the number of the lighted LED's.

also, the 3 led in my ati 4870X2 also geting lighted

meaning, some how, i guess...
when i shut down the computer, or try to restart it,
when i turn the computer on, the cpu and my gpu card, both go to 100% loading and 100% fan speed.

why? how come?

and how only keep shuting down and try to turn on, after few times (around 20) it fix it self??
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 2, 2012 8:00:10 PM

one thing bug me why the core 0 temp is not the same as the others also did you use dual channel for memory,would try to reset everything to default bios settings and use easy tune to overclock motherboard manual is realy usefull to do this and bios settings
m
l
February 3, 2012 8:57:12 AM

scout_03 said:
one thing bug me why the core 0 temp is not the same as the others also did you use dual channel for memory,would try to reset everything to default bios settings and use easy tune to overclock motherboard manual is realy usefull to do this and bios settings

i will reset to default the bios settings

but another question...
where is the "dual channel for memory" option in the bios settings is?
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 3, 2012 3:53:22 PM

page 18 on manual says bios auto detect dual channel memory,check if you sticks are dual channel one.then settings for bios start at page 35 did you also install the cd drive that start at page 65 with everything on it
m
l
February 3, 2012 4:44:16 PM

scout_03 said:
page 18 on manual says bios auto detect dual channel memory,check if you sticks are dual channel one.then settings for bios start at page 35 did you also install the cd drive that start at page 65 with everything on it

few question:
in my manual its page 17, 35, 65.
nvm.....

the questions:
1. i read about the doul channel memory, but how i disable it?

2. in page 35 its talk about Q-Flase....
i update my bios with @bios

so tell me if i am right:
i can Q-Flase out the update version of the bios that i update with @bios?
after i remove the update bios i can select the default?

3. i can instal Easy Tube 6 from the cd i got with my mother board,
whould it be better to find update maybe better version of the program, download and install it?
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 3, 2012 5:14:27 PM

the bios is set to auto detect seen no way to change it and if they are not dual then bios use flex mode, your bios is the latest one if you got the ga-ep43-ds3l the only change is a beta for ga-ep43-ds3r ( one thing with the bios if you never made it before dont take a guest is something goes wrong maybe mobo could not start again but it up to you if something go wrong )the link for easy tune just check if your mobo support this one http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2...
m
l
February 3, 2012 5:19:45 PM

scout_03 said:
the bios is set to auto detect seen no way to change it and if they are not dual then bios use flex mode, your bios is the latest one if you got the ga-ep43-ds3l the only change is a beta for ga-ep43-ds3r ( one thing with the bios if you never made it before dont take a guest is something goes wrong maybe mobo could not start again but it up to you if something go wrong )the link for easy tune just check if your mobo support this one http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2...

what is flex mode?

and i didn't understand the answer for my second question about the bios...
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 3, 2012 5:26:07 PM

made memory work together even if they are not dual channel you got bios 9 and they are two board but one got a l and the other a r for end letter they do not use the same bios,also if you want to flash it choose the program you feel safe with and check user manual for safe way of doing it (so for bios you will assume everything if something go wrong it up to you )
m
l
February 3, 2012 5:35:29 PM

scout_03 said:
made memory work together even if they are not dual channel you got bios 9 and they are two board but one got a l and the other a r for end letter they do not use the same bios,also if you want to flash it choose the program you feel safe with and check user manual for safe way of doing it (so for bios you will assume everything if something go wrong it up to you )

how do i set the flex mode ? throw the bios setup?

also:

you are telling me, that the problem that my cpu and my gpu card, and all my fans work on 100% after shuting down
or restarting because when i updated my bios version with @BIOS it update the bios to the wrong mother board?

i am starting to lose you.
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
February 3, 2012 5:47:31 PM

gpu and cpu seems good you only got one core that have higher temp then the others so if you fan are always at 100% on idle that means the system set them to lower down the temp . for your bios no there is two model for this motherboard so if you choose the wrong one for your board could be useless and your the only one to decide to flash the bios and accept the result if something goes wrong you could use the program you want gigabyte suggest two
m
l
February 3, 2012 6:11:19 PM

scout_03 said:
gpu and cpu seems good you only got one core that have higher temp then the others so if you fan are always at 100% on idle that means the system set them to lower down the temp . for your bios no there is two model for this motherboard so if you choose the wrong one for your board could be useless and your the only one to decide to flash the bios and accept the result if something goes wrong you could use the program you want gigabyte suggest two

but but....

i want to solve the problem when i restart my computer, my cpu load and my gpu card load, and both all the fans
go to 100% load and use, making all my motherboard led light up.

its happen all the time, and after simple restet, or shutdown, i need to keep shuting down the comp and turn it on for around 10-20 mins untill the computer start up normaly....
and i dont know what cause it !!!

can any one help me with this problem first?
m
l
February 3, 2012 7:49:06 PM

scout_03 said:
found this on forum http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304160-28-runs-help maybe could help you and there is a lot of those having this issue on the web

my cpu atm is 28C...
the problem is not that my air cooling is not good...

the problem is that when i restart or shutdown the computer.

when i try to turn it on, both my cpu and my gpu load/use go'es to max, and my fans 2, with out reason,
for nothing... the computer doesn't turn on, just keep the cpu and the gpu load max, and my fans speed in max.
m
l
!